1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ampeg cab covers

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Nephilymbass, Mar 20, 2014.

1. Nephilymbass

Nephilymbass Supporting Member

Anyone got the ampeg cab covers? The ones with the logo. Been thinking about getting one. I had my 810e in a road case for years and it still looked brand new when i sold it. I realize the cover wouldn't add as much protection but I'm really try to focus on keeping the weight down.

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Yep, I have the 810e and SVT covers. Very nice and padded, easy to get on and off, although it helps to have a high ceiling for the 810e cover ;) Never got a scuff on the cab while in transit, only on the gig thanks to a careless sound crew.

3. JackTheRipper

JackTheRipper Supporting Member

I have an Ampeg cover and a Tuki cover. I like the Tuki cover more. It has better padding and a nice velcro piece for the bottom that keeps the cover on better. The only advantage to the Ampeg cover is that the cups on top of the 810 are exposed and I can set my head on top nicely with the cover on.

--jack

4. Nephilymbass

Nephilymbass Supporting Member

thanks for the info guys. I haven't been able to find much info on the ampeg covers. In fact everywhere I've seen them for sale online and even on ampegs website it seems like all the pictures are wrong. It says 410he but looks like a cover for the 410hlf, and vice versa. The 410hlf cover looks like it would the cover for the 410he.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. RSNG

RSNG

I've got Tuki covers for my Ampegs, and for my Yamaha PA speakers and powered mixer. They're made out of a really tough fabric, and padded with foam. They seem to be pretty water resistant too.

7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Tuki does make great covers.