1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Ampeg MIA B4R + rack case; NorCal, SF Bay

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by ulynch, Jan 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ulynch

ulynch Supporting Member

Cross country move coming up, and awesome as it is, I don't want to have to haul this head. It comes racked in a beefy SKB 4-space case, with a Middle Atlantic power conditioner.

Ampeg B4R - $500 + actual shipping, or local sale in Nor Cal.

$400 + shipping without the rack and power conditioner.

A poor man's SVT 4 Pro!

I'm not far from Sacramento, so San Francisco bay area meetups are possible. If shipping, USA and Canada only please. No overseas.

If I ship this, please account for that in the sale price. I'll charge just what it costs to get it to you, lovingly packed and insured on a major carrier. The amp weighs 39 lbs, so figure close to 50 lbs including packing materials.

I bought this amp from a guitar player friend who needed to fund a trip to Germany to play a festival there. He went, he rocked, he returned, and now he's broke and can't buy it back. It's heavier than I prefer, so I'll find a new home for it here.

Features
    • USA made
    • dual mosfet power amp section
    • biamp capable, with built-in adjustable crossover, and balance control for high/low channels
    • 9-band graphic EQ with level
    • balanced and unbalanced line outs with Pre/Post, Ground Lift and Level controls
    • effects loop with mix control
    • two separate POWER AMP IN/PREAMP OUT loops, one for each channel
    • (2 ohms): 500-Watts x 2
    • (4 ohms): 340-Watts x 2, or 1000-Watts (mono bridged)
    • (8 ohms): 205-Watts x 2, or 700-Watts (mono bridged)

More details at Ampeg. Here's the manual.

The serial number dates this to 2002. Since this is the American made model, it came with no speakon connectors, only quarter and banana. The chassis is factory-drilled for speakons, so I installed one and wired it for bridge mode.

It's built like a tank with standard Ampeg heavy-duty quality, but it does have two minor issues. First, the 300Hz peg on the graphic EQ is gone. The internal slider still functions. There's also a very slight gank on the front Effects Mix knob. The knob works smoothly and noiselessly, but there is a mark on it. Otherwise it looks like this has lived its entire life in a rack.

[​IMG]

A few more photos here.
  2. ulynch

ulynch Supporting Member

bump for the beefwhore!
  3. ulynch

ulynch Supporting Member

4. ulynch

ulynch Supporting Member

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ulynch

ulynch Supporting Member

7. ulynch

ulynch Supporting Member

8. ulynch

ulynch Supporting Member

Someone take me home!
  9. ulynch

ulynch Supporting Member

Let's try this: $400, without the rack and power conditioner. Add appropriate shipping costs. ConUS only.
  10. ulynch

ulynch Supporting Member

Hello? Yes, this is Beefwhore ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.