1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ampeg Micro-CL Stack?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Caius1991, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Caius1991

Caius1991

Hey guys, Ive been trying out the Ampeg Micro-CL stack and I really like it, im in a band who are just playing local pubs/bars and occasionally the odd bigger venue with 500 people capacity and im wondering if it will cut in in such places, our guitarist uses a Marshall combo amps with 2 x15 speakers thats 300W I think.

I was wondering if you think it could cut it playing alongside that.
    My current amp is a PROformance 60 ba 185watt 1x15 speaker amp but its really crap and i want to upgrade to something better for the gigging I have explained, any help is appreciated :p
  2. throbgod13

throbgod13

in a word..

no..

although some have used the Micro-VR head with two SVT210AV cabs..

IMO, you'd be better off looking at the new Portaflex heads and cabs..
  3. lsu921

lsu921 Supporting Member

I have one that stays at home for a practice amp, and there's no way I could imagine it keeping up with much in a live situation. I play at a pretty small church, and there's no way it could hang there. 2 keys, 1 electric, 1 acoustic, drums, and singers.. Also, not sure what bass you're playing, but it doesn't handle a low B well at all. Heck, it struggles with anything below A on my Zon at home.
  4. Caius1991

Caius1991

Im playing A Gibson RD Krist Novoselic Signature, Epiphone Thunderbird and ESP B-10 LTD bass
  5. lsu921

lsu921 Supporting Member

I would definitely suggest looking elsewhere for a rig. What's your budget?
  6. Caius1991

Caius1991

I was thinking max of $600-$650
  7. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    You'd have to go used for $600 to get a decent rig that can hang. The Micro CL isn't real quiet, but it's on the borderline between enough and not enough, depending on how loud everyone else is.