1. Welcome to the premier online community and classifieds for bass players!

Register a free account to post, remove lots of ads, and more!

Ampeg Micro-CL Stack?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Caius1991, Feb 17, 2013.

1. Caius1991

Caius1991

Jan 17, 2013
    Hey guys, Ive been trying out the Ampeg Micro-CL stack and I really like it, im in a band who are just playing local pubs/bars and occasionally the odd bigger venue with 500 people capacity and im wondering if it will cut in in such places, our guitarist uses a Marshall combo amps with 2 x15 speakers thats 300W I think.

I was wondering if you think it could cut it playing alongside that.
    My current amp is a PROformance 60 ba 185watt 1x15 speaker amp but its really crap and i want to upgrade to something better for the gigging I have explained, any help is appreciated :p

2. throbgod13

throbgod13

Mar 26, 2005
    Texas
    in a word..

no..

although some have used the Micro-VR head with two SVT210AV cabs..

IMO, you'd be better off looking at the new Portaflex heads and cabs..

3. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Addis, La
    I have one that stays at home for a practice amp, and there's no way I could imagine it keeping up with much in a live situation. I play at a pretty small church, and there's no way it could hang there. 2 keys, 1 electric, 1 acoustic, drums, and singers.. Also, not sure what bass you're playing, but it doesn't handle a low B well at all. Heck, it struggles with anything below A on my Zon at home.

4. Caius1991

Caius1991

Jan 17, 2013
    Im playing A Gibson RD Krist Novoselic Signature, Epiphone Thunderbird and ESP B-10 LTD bass

5. Sponsored by:

6. lsu921

lsu921

Jun 6, 2003
    Addis, La
    I would definitely suggest looking elsewhere for a rig. What's your budget?

7. Caius1991

Caius1991

Jan 17, 2013
    I was thinking max of $600-$650

8. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    You'd have to go used for $600 to get a decent rig that can hang. The Micro CL isn't real quiet, but it's on the borderline between enough and not enough, depending on how loud everyone else is.