Ampeg Micro VL tone/stereo with a BG250?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by J03YW, Sep 5, 2013.

1. J03YW

J03YW

Hey guys, I'm very interested in the Micro VL. How does it sound? I want to use it in conjunction with my TC Electronic BG250 in an odd way that requires the Micro VL to provide lots of grind and mids, and I'm fairly certain it can bring that to the table (If the amp itself can't grind, can I at least make it grindy with an overdrive pedal?). Anyway, what I want to do is run my bass rig in stereo with 1/2 going to my pedalboard, my Zoom B3 (which will be set to have varying degrees of EQ, compression, and chorus or something) and the Ampeg as my dirty channel, then the other half going into my Alesis Microcompressor and then into the BG250 set to a really smooth mid/bassy tone. I think this would sound nice with some fuzz on the Ampeg, as if I shrunk Troy's rig from Mastodon in almost every sense. What do you guys say?

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    The Micro CL will grind if you turn it up past 11:00-12:00. Doesn't do full on fuzz, though, just gives you some moderate overdrive. But a lot of folks do clean-dirty blend that way, maybe not with those specific amps, but it would work.

3. J03YW

J03YW

Cool, I'm glad it can get driven. Does the MOSFET power section have anything to do with that?

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
  5. Register to disable this ad