ampeg PB 112 H vs GS 112

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by gingerbeer, Jun 11, 2006.

1. gingerbeer

gingerbeer Supporting Member

anyone have experienced this cab ?? the sensitivity is 93db but i read here the néo speakers project better .did the 102db aguilar give me more sound .i can have in the same price range - a used ampeg PB 112 (like new)
    -a new aguilar GS 112
    -a new mesa boogie néo 112
    i'm a bit shy with the néo cause i've hear they don't last as long as the standard speakers .
  2. Nedmundo

Nedmundo Supporting Member

I've played the PB112 and GS112 briefly, but I would go with the Aguilar, no question. Yes, that sensitivity difference matters, and I think the PB112 has a slightly muffled, boxy tone. The Aguilar, on the other hand, is excellent, with a big low end for a 1x12 and warmth with clarity.
  3. gingerbeer

gingerbeer Supporting Member

thanks for answer , but the ampeg being a 4 homs doesen't he receive more power from the amp ??? i have only 120/160 watts .
  4. 1kinal

1kinal

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: SIT strings
    I would also go with the Aguilar 1x12 without hesitation. I own a GS 112, and also the Ampeg PB210H. Those are just not in the same league at all. I use the GS112 for most of my gigs, while the ampeg never leaves the rehearsal space.

You'll get a better sound overall with the Aguilar. On the other hand (I speak for the 2x10, but I have also tried the 1x12), the ampeg sounds boxy, and cannot handle power like the Aguilar.

Go with the Aguilar! You won't regret it.