1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ampeg PF-350 with Genz Benz Focus Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Jayb81, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Jayb81

Jayb81

Hi Everyone

I confess I'm a mix and matcher I can't help it.

The original plan was to have a Hartke HA2500 paired with my 115 GB Focus Cab however due to new production run changes with the Hartke low-end amp I decided to go with the PF350 instead.

Does anyone have either the pf-350 or pf-500 paired with GB focus cabs? If so what do you think? :hyper:
  2. johnpbass

johnpbass

I run a PF350 with the Focus 115s and I think it's a great combination. To my ears the Focus 115s have really nice mids that work well with the Ampeg tone.
  3. Jayb81

Jayb81

So I'm not alone!!! I was beginning to think I was the only one with this combination. Have you had any of the cutting out or overheating issues with the pf-350?
  4. johnpbass

johnpbass

None at all. I've had it for about a year and it's been trouble free.

Great little head IMO - good amount of power (for what I do anyway), simple effective EQ, great Ampeg tone. I really like the Focus cabs too. Running a second Focus 15 really ramps things up. I'm surprised there was not a lot more buzz about the Focus line of cabs though.
  5. mgauge

mgauge

I use a PF 500 with a Focus 2x10.. US Fender Precision..I played in a semi heavy band and it sounded great. I have no complaints....

Oh wait, I have one. I need to make more money so I can get an AG 500 and 2 DB 112's..

All kidding aside, defintely getting a good value and good tone. Just wish I could afford US made. For that, I spurge on the bass. my bass MUST be USA made.
  6. johnpbass

johnpbass

I'd add another Focus 210 and call it a day!:D
    That PF 500 would sound great through dual 210s.
  7. mgauge

mgauge

I hear ya on this one
  8. edencab

edencab

hi....for the PF350, how loud is the fan/air flow noise? ....also does it run continuously ?
    I just returned an Eden E300 head....great sounding , but from the time it was turned on, there was a continuous dull roar from the 2 fans (at least 4-5 times louder than my computer fan).... made it unbearable in my home studio....(fine for jamming with the band, but annoying while trying to play along in a quiet rehearsal situation)
  9. Jayb81

Jayb81

A pf-500 with a 210 Focus Cab... I thought about getting the 210 myself but I was worried about volume. I can only afford one cab right now so I picked the 115 to be on the safe side. I almost got the 112 but chickened out at the last minute. Has anyone maxed out either GB cabs? They seem to be able to take quite the punishment. I can only dream of what an Uber cab can put out.
  10. Jayb81

Jayb81

I finally got my pf-350 in the mail. Focus 115 is an excellent cab when paired with my second choice amp. It gets crunchy ( which is expected with Ampeg) once the gain hits 2-3. I can max out the amp before maxing out this cab which is a very conservative 300 RMS rating. It gets loud and rumbles the walls. Should have my first jam session soon with a drummer and guitarist. :hyper: