1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ampeg PF-350 with Genz Benz Focus Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Jayb81, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Jayb81

Jayb81

Hi Everyone

I confess I'm a mix and matcher I can't help it.

The original plan was to have a Hartke HA2500 paired with my 115 GB Focus Cab however due to new production run changes with the Hartke low-end amp I decided to go with the PF350 instead.

Does anyone have either the pf-350 or pf-500 paired with GB focus cabs? If so what do you think? :hyper:

2. johnpbass

johnpbass

I run a PF350 with the Focus 115s and I think it's a great combination. To my ears the Focus 115s have really nice mids that work well with the Ampeg tone.

3. Jayb81

Jayb81

So I'm not alone!!! I was beginning to think I was the only one with this combination. Have you had any of the cutting out or overheating issues with the pf-350?

4. johnpbass

johnpbass

None at all. I've had it for about a year and it's been trouble free.

Great little head IMO - good amount of power (for what I do anyway), simple effective EQ, great Ampeg tone. I really like the Focus cabs too. Running a second Focus 15 really ramps things up. I'm surprised there was not a lot more buzz about the Focus line of cabs though.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. mgauge

mgauge

I use a PF 500 with a Focus 2x10.. US Fender Precision..I played in a semi heavy band and it sounded great. I have no complaints....

Oh wait, I have one. I need to make more money so I can get an AG 500 and 2 DB 112's..

All kidding aside, defintely getting a good value and good tone. Just wish I could afford US made. For that, I spurge on the bass. my bass MUST be USA made.

7. johnpbass

johnpbass

I'd add another Focus 210 and call it a day!:D
    That PF 500 would sound great through dual 210s.

8. mgauge

mgauge

I hear ya on this one

9. edencab

edencab

hi....for the PF350, how loud is the fan/air flow noise? ....also does it run continuously ?
    I just returned an Eden E300 head....great sounding , but from the time it was turned on, there was a continuous dull roar from the 2 fans (at least 4-5 times louder than my computer fan).... made it unbearable in my home studio....(fine for jamming with the band, but annoying while trying to play along in a quiet rehearsal situation)

10. Jayb81

Jayb81

A pf-500 with a 210 Focus Cab... I thought about getting the 210 myself but I was worried about volume. I can only afford one cab right now so I picked the 115 to be on the safe side. I almost got the 112 but chickened out at the last minute. Has anyone maxed out either GB cabs? They seem to be able to take quite the punishment. I can only dream of what an Uber cab can put out.

11. Jayb81

Jayb81

I finally got my pf-350 in the mail. Focus 115 is an excellent cab when paired with my second choice amp. It gets crunchy ( which is expected with Ampeg) once the gain hits 2-3. I can max out the amp before maxing out this cab which is a very conservative 300 RMS rating. It gets loud and rumbles the walls. Should have my first jam session soon with a drummer and guitarist. :hyper: