Ampeg PF-410hlf + PF=115lf with low tuning

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Bobzilla, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Bobzilla

Bobzilla

Is the ampeg PF-410hlf capable of handling drop b tuning by itself? And if i add the pf-115lf will that sound any good? If so I plan on buying the 410 soon and then later in the year purchasing a 115, is that a good idea?

Also if you have any information on these two cabs please post below because i would love to hear about them :) :help: :help: :help:

I am using a hartke LH1000 head
  2. Bass_Pounder

Bass_Pounder

Plenty of threads here and some in the FAQ at top of page.

Bottom line - a 4X10 and a 1X15 is not a very good setup from a couple of different perspectives.
  3. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    +1

Try both cabs, pick the one that sounds best as a stand alone cab, buy two. If I was in your shoes I would just go with two of the PF115lf's.
  4. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

+1 again, 410/115 is the worst idea that won't go away. It's seared in the minds of so many players that the 10's will be punchy, and the 15 will bring the lows. ALL MYTH. Fact is, the 410 is twice as capable, and therefore, you limit your rig to the half as capable 15. A pair of matched cabs equals balance. Low end is determined by many factors, but size of driver is not an important one.
  5. Bobzilla

Bobzilla

Thanks for the replies guys :) i never knew that 410 + 115 was such a bad setup haha, lucky you guys told me before i went out and bought a 410 and 115...that could have ended badly :eek:

And I would rather not buy 2 single 115's for whatever reason, I think I might just buy 2 pf410's because they are only $800 each and by the way they sound and how much power they have, that's pretty good value. what do you think?
  6. punisher911

punisher911

My ampeg 410HLF is super boomy even with my standard tuning. I tried a 5 string but it was too boomy and muddy that low. However, I originally had Acoustic 410MkII cabs that were super clear even in Drop A on my Warwick $$5 string.
  7. Bobzilla

Bobzilla

The 410mkII looks perfect but there are no Australian stores that i can find that sell them :( and I cant find any overseas stores that ship here either :(((
  8. vishuddha

vishuddha 100% Mediocre Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Drum Sales - Guitar Center
    Man, you GOTTA go with those 2 15s! At the very least it will be better than what you would originally have...