Ampeg PF-500 faulting (tripping)

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by weidnca, Mar 25, 2014.

1. weidnca

weidnca

Anyone had any issues with their PF series head "faulting"?

I purchased my first when they hit the market, and loved it; after using for a year, the fault circuit starting tripping, and the amp lost signal power (AC was good, just no output). Ampeg replaced it under warranty; now I have the same issue with the replacement head.

Has anyone had, or heard of anyone having, these issues? I'm huge fan of Ampeg, even owning other Ampeg units (SVT-450, 1966 B-15-N, 410HLF cab, (2) PF210 cabs), but this head (the PF-500) is really becoming frustrating....especially when it happens live!

Thanks!
  2. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

It may be up to revision F by now. You don't hang round at TB much! Supposedly the issue was finally resolved some months ago. It's going to be interesting to see if Big A make you whole, being an original owner of an improperly fixed dud design.
  3. jnewmark

jnewmark Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Play guitar.
    Mega thread on this issue- use the search function.
  4. weidnca

weidnca

I did use the "search" function, but I didn't feel like spending (3) days reading through all of the positive/negative remarks regarding the entire rig....I just needed a little info regarding the "fault" problem...
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. chiplexic

chiplexic

If the revision version is up to F, (6) I'd be curious as to which version they sent back to you as a replacement "fix". Maybe someone knows where the easiest place is to look on the amp to find it. I believe it is on the circuit board. I'd really like to gain confidence they fixed this in the most updated units.