1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ampeg PF-800 + Ampeg 410HE + ??

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by lilcrate, Feb 28, 2014.

1. lilcrate

lilcrate Supporting Member

The amp is 800 watts at 4 ohms. Cab is 500 watts at 8 ohms. What cab would you recommend to add to this rig to open up the amp/sound?

Another 410HE (a lot of would space be taken up in the house, but not out of the question)?

A 115? 212? 210?

Any brands/models/speaker configurations considered. Just has to be 8 ohms, similar wattage, and either a similar sound or a sound that would mesh well.
  2. jasper383

jasper383 Supporting Member

Another 410HE.

Just about anything else will be a crapshoot.
  3. inri222

inri222

+1 for another 410HE
  4. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

/Thread
  5. lilcrate

I guess these are the answers I kind of expected. Fair enough.
  6. CL400Peavey

CL400Peavey Supporting Member

+1 to the 410he.

That said, if you do t like the sound of that cab on its own, maybe it isn't the right cab for you.
  7. lilcrate

I absolutely do. I'm just talking about how to maximize the potential of the rig down the road.
  8. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    That's how you do it...second 410he.