Ampeg PF Rebate

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Bass 45, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Bass 45

Bass 45 Supporting Member

Back in September (2013) Ampeg was promoting a rebate program for their PF series (Portaflex Series).

I had been thinking about trying their PF115LF cabs - and when I saw the rebate offer of $50.00 per cab, I bought two (they are priced relatively low even without the rebate).

It has been about 17 weeks since I sent off the rebate paperwork but I have heard nothing back yet.

The rebate was being handled by a third party. I emailed them about a week ago - but I have not heard from them yet. I just called Ampeg and was directed to a voice-mail box where the person's outgoing message indicated they are on vacation.

I am curious if anybody else utilized this rebate program and if you have had any luck getting a check in the mail?

Thanks
  2. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

They had a similar rebate in May of last year and it took quite a while to get my rebate checks. I think it says 10-12 weeks on their website and I think mine took a little longer than that but 17 weeks and I would be checking on it too.
  3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Pretty much all rebates go through Young America in Young America, MN, and it operates at its own speed. You will get your rebate, but you will get it when they're good and ready to send it.
  4. Bass 45

Thanks guys. They probably have a process to go through to confirm there is no fraud on the "buyers" end. I just got worried and when I dug up my paperwork it said to expect to wait 10 - 12 weeks for the check to process (which was 4 - 6 weeks ago).

I'm sure it will come eventually.

The cabs sound great btw!
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bablett

bablett

I sent my rebate paperwork in 12 weeks ago. I've just started to wonder about the progress of the rebate. I believe the rebate form stated disbursement could take as long as 10 weeks. Curious indeed. I'll post back when my check comes in.
  7. Spent

Spent Supporting Member

I just realized yesterday that I hadn't gotten my rebate. Hope it comes soon, I need GAS money!
  8. ih8law

ih8law Supporting Member

This sort of lag time on rebates was begrudgingly acceptable in the 80s, but consumers should be outraged about this now given modern technology. You should be able to log onto a website, upload/input proof of purchase and get your account electronically credited immediately. I'm not picking on Ampeg here, but all the computer and home theater chains who pull this same crap. While $50 may not be a ton of money for each individual consumer, the manufacturer essentially gets an interest free loan in the amount of the total refunds payable for those 12 weeks.
  9. Bass 45

Just received this email :)

Rebate Support
    5:11 PM (0 minutes ago)

to me
    Good Afternoon,

Your rebate was received and qualified. Checks will be sent this week.

Thank you
  10. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast

Gripe out Loud and ye shall receive.
  11. Bass 45

Yes!

and I did notice the capitol "L" on the word loud;)
  12. Mastermold

Mastermold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    FireMelon
    After about 12 weeks I called the company doing the Ampeg rebates back when I bought my Micro CL. I forget who they were now, Young America doesn't ring a bell but it could have been them. They said I should be getting it any time. After another 3-4 weeks passed I sent an email and I got a check a week or so later. Maybe they hope we forget and nudging them helps?
  13. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast

I don't get mail in rebates.

It would be a lot simpler if the retailer offered an instant rebate in the store and claimed a credit from the manufacturer. It would avoid long delays and eliminate having to pay a third party to handle the rebate program. There's gotta be a tax incentive for the manufacturer for handling it this way.

It sure isn't about making it easier for the customer.
  14. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Rebates are all about customers forgetting or not wanting to bother with sending in the forms.
  15. Bass 45

This experience made me realize it did not receive a rebate on a computer related item I bought at Christmas time last year.

I forgot all about it - I think it never occurred to me because it was a gift that I didn't think of after the holiday.

Mission accomplished online computer store!

I set reminders on my Iphone for everything now.
  16. Bass 45

Whoo hoo! after about 19 weeks, the checks arrived today.
  17. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast

Spending money!
  18. Bass 45

Already on it's way to my creditors - that's just $100 I won't be paying interest any longer :smug:
  19. Bruce The Bass

Bruce The Bass

I'm battling with Loud Technologies over this issue right now. I have sent several emails to rebatesupport@rebate-cental.com with PDF copies of my receipt, UPC code, and rebate form with no reply. I have contacted Loud several time, left messages on Shana Cribs voice mail and still no reply form anyone or a rebate. I purchased a PF-500 in September 2013, mailed the rebate in on October 4 and still no check. I told Loud I was going to go on-line and get the word out that their rebate is bogus and their customer service SUCKS!
    So here it is.
  20. 254 stringer

254 stringer Supporting Member

Doesn't sound like much of a battle if they aren't returning your calls or emails. I think you are getting worked up over nothing did you see one dude got his after 19 weeks thats about where you are. I would give it another week or two it took a while for me to get mine but it takes longer if you obsess over it.
  21. Pimmsley

Pimmsley

To be fair I think he's getting worked up over no response at all from LOUD, but if that's normal and part of the process, agreed it's not worth loosing sleep over.