1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ampeg PR410HLF manual anyone?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by rotis, Feb 1, 2013.

1. rotis

rotis There is more

I have an Ampeg PR 410HLF but I can't find a manual for it anywhere. The Ampeg site says it is unavailable.

If someone has one can you post or send a copy?

Thanks.

[​IMG]
  2. Gearhead17

Gearhead17 Supporting Member

What were you hoping to get out of the manual? Specifications or general use tips?
  3. nirvana1410

nirvana1410

Fantastic cab. What else is there to know?
  4. rotis

rotis There is more

What is that big knob in the back supposed to do? What is the real rating on this thing because I am throwing waaay more then 600 watts at it and it is not flinching.
  5. Gearhead17

The big knob on the back is a tweeter control. You can change how loud the high end above 5khz is. Roll it to the left to bring the volume of the tweeter down and to the right to increase it.

No matter what you may think, it's hard to say if you are actually pushing more than 600 watts through it. However, the cab can truly pound out some low end.

Supposedly it's 600 watts RMS and 1200 watts peak, but I would ignore the peak value. It is supposedly flat down to 30hz or slightly higher then rolls off quickly below 30hz.
  6. rotis

rotis There is more

If I had the manual I would have known there was a tweeter in the cab. Who knows what other goodness is hiding?
  7. Gearhead17

Unbelievable clarity and distortion-free volume.
    The Ampeg PR-410HLF Pro Series 4x10 Ext Range Cabinet Speaker is designed for the highest fidelity reproduction. High power handling, flat response, and incredible construction in a great-looking enclosure. Features cast frame drivers, high-frequency horns with variable level attenuators and light bulb protection, thirteen-ply 3/4" Baltic birch plywood cabinets, multi-coat urethane polymer finish/sealant, sixteen-gauge steel grilles, edge-armor corner protection, 12dB/octave crossovers, Neutrik Speakons, and 1/4" inputs.

Features
    Four 10" cast drivers:
    2.5" voice coil
    56 oz. magnets
    Horn/driver:
    1" voice coil
    10 oz. magnet
    600 watts RMS
    1200 watts program
    Frequency response (-3dB): 38-18kHz
    Nominal impedance: 4 ohms
    Crossover frequency: 4kHz
    30" x 26" x 19"

That's about it.
  8. MoeGJBeener

MoeGJBeener Supporting Member

I bet that thing sounds amazing! I threw my back out looking at the picture though.... :-( haha
  9. dincz

dincz

I'd love to know how much power I'm sending to my cab. How do you know?

By the way, you can see the tweeter in the photo you posted.
  10. rotis

rotis There is more

Mine had bigger casters on it and I roll it almost everywhere. It ain't light though.
  11. rotis

rotis There is more

Guess I don't know for sure. I run into a sansamp bddi with the 10db boost to a Crown xls1500 bridged. I gotta believe that is more then 600watts but who knows?

And never thought that was a tweeter but it became obvious when pointed out.
  12. imdkoz

imdkoz

I was running a Behringer V-Amp into a Crown XLS1000 bridged and had to crank the thing to get any "real" volume. Once I hooked up my new to me Hartke LH1000 the Ampeg took off. This thing is a beast.