1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

ampeg question

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by remainthesame, Apr 9, 2013.

1. remainthesame

remainthesame

I want to know. With the svt 4 pro, could i run (2)610 cabinets? Ive seen people do it with (2)810s so im sure i could but i just wanted to double check. Is there any specific way i should run the cabinets?
    P.S. i know the 610s dont get a lot of love here on talkbass but this isnt an opinion thread. i just want to know if its possible and if so, how?
  2. TheRealKong

TheRealKong

It is possible. As the Ampeg 810''-cabs have 4 Ohm, you are always allowed to hook up cabs with that load. So if you have two 610''-cabs with 4 Ohm both, why not using them?

If you have elder 610''-cabs with an impedance of 5,3 Ohm there will be no problem at all, because you are always allowed to use higher loads on transistor poweramps.
  3. bassguppy

bassguppy

Yep. The 4PRO has 2 power amps and each side will give 490 watts at 4ohms for the 610's. hook one cab to each Power amp speaker out A & B and disengage the stereo/mono button (run in stereo).
  4. remainthesame

remainthesame

sweet thanks a bunch guys. i want to save up for a new rig of doom, i think this combo would be great. ive tried the 4 pro with a single 610 and it was great. i could only imagine what it would be like with two cabs \m/
    anybody else on here have/had the setup that im talking about? if so, what are your thoughts? please keep it constructive though.