1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ampeg SVT-100 info/pics

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Corwin81, May 14, 2003.

1. Corwin81

Corwin81

I've got a SVT-100 chassis coming soon to restore. It's got 4 6550s and 3 12AX7s I think(the schematic from Ampeg should be here tomorrow or Friday).
    I was wondering if anyone had one or had pics of one because I'd like to build a head cab like the original.
    I think it's MTI era.

And any other info on it would be appreciated.
    Thanks! :bassist:
  2. Corwin81

Corwin81

bump.

anyone??
    pics of similar(early 80s MTI) era Ampegs?
  3. denn550

denn550

Hi Corwin

I just picked up an svt-100 thats not working. Would you be able to send me a copy of the schematic? Id be willing to help you fix it if you need help as well.

Regards
    Dennis
  4. sleepy_monkey

sleepy_monkey Supporting Member

Surely he has fixed it in 5 years.:D
  5. denn550

denn550

whoops.. didnt even realize the date.. Ill post again thanks!
  6. Corwin81

Corwin81

Haha, yes it's fixed, and I gigged with it yesterday for the first time as a guitar amp for my church's 4th of July event. I pulled 2 of the 6550s so I could crank it louder through my Kustom 4X12.
    I've used it for bass a couple times and it works well for that too. It's basically a Marshall JCM800 2203 based amp. Just a few component differences in the preamp.
  7. patch12173

patch12173

My SVT 100 is I believe in need of repair. Tubes or caps or something. She is or seems to be really quiet. I my get a new set of tubes to try that first and go from there. Corwin81, if you can share the schematic that would be great! Pm me if you can help.