1. Welcome to the premier online community and classifieds for bass players!

Register a free account to post, remove lots of ads, and more!

Ampeg SVT-350H seems to always be fairly inexpensive, whats wrong?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Arnie, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Arnie

Arnie

May 14, 2005
    Kingston, NY
    I see these fairly cheap usually. What are its short comings?

2. itsnottruerufus

itsnottruerufus

Apr 13, 2011
    Its a rather bland sounding sterile solid state amp. Its not the type of sound people who like Ampegs go for. I'd personally avoid it.

3. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2008
    The B2 B2R and SVT-350 are the same amp so whatever you hear about one applies to the others. It is an all transistor amp, some prefer a tube in there somewhere. There are newer products on the market so sometimes older ones loose their appeal and consequently, their value.

4. B-string

B-string Gold Supporting Member

First is the missunderstood gain structure. They get labeled "underpowered" because they don't approach full output at 11:00 to 12:00 on the master, more like 3:00. This provides better control over the power output but people are used to being really loud at much lower settings. It's just perception by eye, not ear.

5. Sponsored by:

6. gustobassman

gustobassman Mime is money Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2011
    Sandy Eggo
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Schroeder Cabinets, D'addario, Planet Waves
    Yup. Except that the SVT-350H has the sweet 25lb wooden box around it that serves no real purpose other than to "look" like a real SVT. :rollno:

7. redmoe

redmoe

Aug 13, 2011
    I agree with the bland statement. I bought one cheap and sold it for less. I found that even my carvin redline sounded better. Just got a portaflex and that has the sound I was looking for in the 350h.