Ampeg SVT 410 HE

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by lacepage, Nov 29, 2012.

1. lacepage

lacepage

I have an older 410HE and the light bulb fuse is blown and I cant find ANYTHING that tells me the right replacement #!!!! Not even Ampeg's website, HELP!!!

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

They're usually auto light bulbs, as in, from an automobile tail light or something. Pull it out, and go to the auto parts store. Then, be careful pushing the tweet so hard. Maybe back off a bit.

3. Signs

Signs

Found this on an older thread...Hope it helps...

4. lacepage

lacepage

Yea thnks guys, Ino all that, but I cant find the part # of the bulb itself. I was told it was an 1156 and I went to the local best(not chain) electronic parts store and asked for an 1156 and they handed me a blade fuse instead of a bulb. 1156 is sposed to cross over to a BA15S and I found it on Amazon for $30. No thnks.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. musicman666

musicman666 Supporting Member

Just out of curiosity where is the bulb located? I have an old 410he with 2 missing speakers and 1 torn speaker.....I see no place for a bulb in the tweet...It is an early 90's SLM 410he. If it had a bulb I would send it to ya.

7. musicman666

musicman666 Supporting Member

Ok just completely removed my tweet! No bulb in mine. You must have a newer model.

8. lacepage

lacepage

Its on the X-over circuit board on the back panel and I just looked @ it and theres a note that says 1683 lamp. The 1165 works so I picked up 2 from AutoZone for $4.99. I remember reading somewhere the specs are lower or its a lower voltage or something so it'll pop sooner than the 1683, butt I got my sparkle back. Sweet!!

9. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    GK has a similar bulb like fuse. When I was using GK I had to replace one and was told that while they look like an automotive bulb, they actually have a different filament in them. I would email Ampeg's customer service department.

10. Signs

Signs

. 1156 is sposed to cross over to a BA15S and I found it on Amazon for $30. No thnks.[/QUOTE]

Try this:It looks like the little light bulbs I get from NAPA for our deer hunting camper interior lights. About $2.50 each...

Sylvania 36521 (1156)

27.3 watt (2.1 AMP) 13 volt S8 Single Contact Bayonet Base #1156 Miniature Incandescent Sylvania Light Bulb (Sylvania 1156 36521)

11. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Not so. At least not for Ampeg. They are straight-up stock bulbs.

usually the number is on the base, often stamped in, but may be just stamped in ink.

The 1156 is a 12V 2 amp bulb, which I don't recall being used, although I don't recall all the cabinets and crossovers. Many cabs used a 28V 1A truck light bulb with a somewhat funnel-shaped glass bulb.

The 28V 1A bulbs were used because the 1A was near the power rating of the tweeter, and the 28V would absorb a good deal of excess voltage.

Bulbs are used to begin with because they have a low resistance when cold, so unless a lot of power is put through them, they are pretty much out of the picture. With excess input (and current flow), they heat up, their resistance goes up, which limits power flow into the tweeter.

Later cabs use several 12V tubular "dome light" bulbs in series, with the only difference being that they have an extra wire welded on each end for soldering into the PCB.