Ampeg SVT 6 Pro?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by musicman666, Nov 27, 2013.

1. musicman666

musicman666 Supporting Member

Hey TBers,
    So a local music store has a used 6 Pro for 499. It is a Vietnam manufactured amp, looks like it came out of the box! Not a single scratch or fingerprint on it. Sounds amazing! Is this a fair deal, do these amps have any known reliability issues? Good or bad? I can only find one review on this amp. I ask because it seems strange that Ampeg would discontinue such a powerful amp with gobs of tone. The only negative I noticed was a noisy fan. But at loud volumes that wouldn't be an issue. Any owners of the Vietnam made 6 pro with info? Good or bad? Much appreciated! Did I mention this amp sounds sweet! I would hate to drop money on something that would cost just as much to repair.
    Thanks!
  2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

I owned a 6Pro, and I think it was the best of all the Pro series amps. That's a great price, I sold mine, (weight reduction) for much more than that. Hook it up to a good 2x15, or whatever large cab you have, and enjoy bass bliss.
  3. musicman666

musicman666 Supporting Member

Hey thanks RickenBoogie! It would be paired with a couple of GK Neo 15's or an 810e. I really don't need the 1100 watts but the tone was great! Still haven't made a decision on it. If it's still there this weekend I am going to jump on it!