1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ampeg SVT 6 Pro?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by musicman666, Nov 27, 2013.

1. musicman666

musicman666 Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2011
    ca
    Hey TBers,
    So a local music store has a used 6 Pro for 499. It is a Vietnam manufactured amp, looks like it came out of the box! Not a single scratch or fingerprint on it. Sounds amazing! Is this a fair deal, do these amps have any known reliability issues? Good or bad? I can only find one review on this amp. I ask because it seems strange that Ampeg would discontinue such a powerful amp with gobs of tone. The only negative I noticed was a noisy fan. But at loud volumes that wouldn't be an issue. Any owners of the Vietnam made 6 pro with info? Good or bad? Much appreciated! Did I mention this amp sounds sweet! I would hate to drop money on something that would cost just as much to repair.
    Thanks!

2. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I owned a 6Pro, and I think it was the best of all the Pro series amps. That's a great price, I sold mine, (weight reduction) for much more than that. Hook it up to a good 2x15, or whatever large cab you have, and enjoy bass bliss.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. musicman666

musicman666 Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2011
    ca
    Hey thanks RickenBoogie! It would be paired with a couple of GK Neo 15's or an 810e. I really don't need the 1100 watts but the tone was great! Still haven't made a decision on it. If it's still there this weekend I am going to jump on it!