1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ampeg SVT 7 Pro Club

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Verminaard, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Verminaard

Verminaard

Hey Talkbass, I think it's about time we started a club for the 7 Pro.

It has gotten a hell of a lot of negative attention from a small percentage of TB users. I for one think it's a great amp and it doesn't deserve the flak it has been getting as of late.

We can do this with or without numbers. I feel bad that so many people want to try it out but because of all of the negative publicity it has been getting here they perhaps never will.

A lot of us have them and they work fantastic!! I think it would be nice for people to see how many of us actually have and use it with no problems.

I am not a super fanboy and generally not a club guy either, but let's band together and show some support for this Beast with one of the best preamps and most powerful power amps Ampeg has come out with to date.

I will say this in advance, if you want to start bashing Ampeg please make your own thread.

If JohnK would accept and play along, I think he deserves the #1 spot.
    Thanks!! - Kevin M. Hawkesworth

2 Verminaard

3 bassguppy

4 Scobby Bott

5 JMac4Strngr

6 rodl2005

7 tekdiver500ft

8 username1

9 Dr Funk

10 TricksteR

11 bassguy72

12 CharlieC

13 tombowlus

14 stinger2k

15 tomydacat

16 Slackerprince

17 johnnynitro

18 corsicangroove

19 StrangerDanger

20 Grateful

21 bass.player

22 fishinmuzician

23 jarrydee

24 Thundar

25 JoshuaTheBeard

26 Chuckster
  2. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Carrots :D Good idea though. :)
  3. bassguppy

bassguppy

7PRO owner for about 8 months. Never an issue and sounds monstrous through a pair of 115's. With the volume half-way it stupid loud.

Strangely I purchased one when they first came out a couple years ago and back then I wasn't feeling the vibe so back it went. Decided to give it another shot with a stellar used deal and haven't looked back since (although I gigged with my SVT-IIPRO today and was feeling the love :smug:).
  4. Verminaard

Verminaard

It needs to be done, and thank you.:bassist:
  5. drpepper

drpepper Supporting Member

A club thread dedicated to banding together against trolls? Have fun with it.
  6. Red Planet

Red Planet

Disclosures:
    Manufacturing Supplier OEM's
    Let me konw how that works out for you.

Just a travesty I tell you. ROTFLMBO:D
  7. Verminaard

Verminaard

How has yours been working out for you DrPepper?

Actually it's a thread dedicated to display that there are plenty of us who have the 7 Pro and that they are terrific amps. Welcome!!

Mine sounds incredible. I'm getting a Carvin 2 space rack for mine which should be here on Monday. I'm glad I finally caved and bought one for myself. It was a difficult choice with all the rampant negativity on here.

I've been trying to decide if I should get an Ampeg preamp for a while. My Fender preamp is GREAT but I wanted an Ampeg based one too, and it fits the bill, friend.
  8. Verminaard

Verminaard

I will, thanks. Let me know how spell check works out for you.
  9. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I can't join but I'll join in the fun ;)

I agree...the 7 Pro has been nothing but amazing every time I've tried one, and my PF350 and Micro VR are still performing like champs after a year and 19 months respectively. But just like Fender basses, Ampeg gets attacked from people who are somehow angry that we like them. I think they're just mad so many of us like them. Oh well, no skin off my nose...I don't get commissions ;) But I don't like the personal attacks and the character assaults. I know a lot of those guys there and they really do care about their customers getting any problems taken care of as quickly as possible. But you can't please everyone...whatever.
  10. Verminaard

Verminaard

Thanks for chiming in here Jimmy!! I'd love to try the PF350 and the Micro VR, but alas, I'm not as well off as some here!!
  11. Scobby Bott

Scobby Bott Supporting Member

Count me in! I've had mine for about two years now and for the first year I was completely displeased with the tone I was getting out of my L-2000 through it. This was my first encounter with a compressor, so I turned it up to noon, hated it, turned it back off and didn't look back for a year. Hey, none of my previous amps had one so I figured I didn't need it. Turns out a little bit goes a long way, and now I'm in love with my tone.

I feel like this is as versatile of an amp as you're likely to find, and I feel pretty secure in the idea that if I ever get sick of the Ampeg sound, I've got one hell of a power amp to work with.
  12. Verminaard

Verminaard

I keep the compression down to 1/4 myself. There are a hell of a lot of grindy mids at your disposal, I've always liked the 2 setting for Ampeg.

My L2500 sounds absolutely baller through it and I can plug my Jamman Stereo through the effects loop for sampled percussion when called for.

I haven't had an amp with it's own compression in it until now either. It is properly subtle at low settings. Now I don't need the Multicomp!!
  13. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I hate compression, but the 7 Pro has one of the better ones I've heard in a SS amp.
  14. bassguppy

bassguppy

I've considered a rack also but then the 7PRO goes from 15lbs to 30lbs. I REALLY wish Ampeg would put out a gigbag for it. They have covers for many of their cabs so why not about the SVT-7PRO?
  15. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Administrator

a word about trolls, and doing somethng about them ...

you're welcome to have a club thread about whatever you want, but if "banding together against trolls" means attempting to do anything beyond reporting offending posts and then otherwise ignoring them until we (site admin and mods) get a chance to clean up, then you're planning on being part of the problem, and not part of the solution.

i understand that there are some frustratingly inconvenient differences of opinion and approach that some folks express at times on the internet. that's why we have rules, in fact - if everyone agreed with everything then we wouldn't need any rules to govern acceptable interactions.

however, the only way those rules work is when our members give them a chance to be enforced. if you see something you find inappropriate, report it and then ignore it, do not engage the poster responsible. when you do you just make more work for us - if it is inappropriate, we have to clean up not only their mess but your indigninant response to their mess to stop making messes, itself a mess, and if their original post does not qualify as inappropriate under our rules, then you risk getting penalized for your misdirected but well-meaning efforts.

just remember, in the general forums at talkbass, folks can post their topical comments in any thread they wish, and that may mean tossing in a dissenting opinion or uncomfortable anecdote. if they do it respectfully (i.e. not calling other members names, for instance) then that is in line with the rules and intent of talkbass, but if they do it purely to disrupt then that is not.

our moderators endure months of training in the australian outback to learn how to distinguish between the two. don't try it at home, let them take care of it.

now back to your regular club schedule - look, here comes chef with the sandwiches.:hyper:
  16. Verminaard

Verminaard

I don't think the Carvin 2 space weighs much, but I'm not sure yet. I know there was someone here that had one with their 7 Pro but I can't recall who it was at the moment. It was pictured in JohnK's thread.

http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/SV2
  17. bassguppy

bassguppy

that's not what I was expecting as it's similar to an outer casing for a head. Looks good.
  18. Verminaard

Verminaard

Thanks John, I edited that out almost a half hour before you posted against it. I respect your presence, and I am trying to create a thread about positivity instead of the opposite. If that bothers the Mods, remove me from your site.

I don't post often, I like to gather information from people about gear that have more experience than me without a bunch of people detracting from the topic at hand. I don't need to subscribe to TB to garner this.

I also don't like pretending I'm nice to people who think they are Rambo on a keyboard either, but I am making an honest effort here. Carry on.:D
  19. JMac4strngr

JMac4strngr 4th degree Slacker Supporting Member

Can I join?
    I've had My 7 pro for a while, and have had zero issues with it at all. The very first one I got was damaged in shipping by the "big brown", which was of no fault of Ampeg or the online retailer I bought it from. Great sounding amp, and does all I'd want it to(minus cleaning My house, or fetching Me drinks).

Great thread, thanks for posting it!
  20. Verminaard

Verminaard

Thanks for sharing your experiences!! The "big brown" does this on occasion. I think that a lot of amp deliveries mess up the product and sadly, people tend to blame the Manufacturer.

It is a sad reality that we all need to cope with. I received my 7 Pro a few weeks ago from ZZ****** and they made a mistake and sent me a damaged return. They immediately rectified the problem and sent me a new one.

I didn't want to even post about it here because of the negativity that it would have spawned, but there it is.

These things are to be expected in today's world of commerce. We all wish it wasn't the case, but there you have it.

I'm very pleased with the thunderous presence and power that the 7 Pro oozes. It is a lightweight powerhouse of DOOM. Thank you Ampeg and Loud Tech!!:bassist: