1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ampeg SVT 80's Japan or USA?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by bostero77, Mar 17, 2014.

1. bostero77

bostero77

Jun 21, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hello fellow bassists,

i just bought an amp at a local moving sale. the seller said is a 80's ampeg made in USA but i coulnd't find a anything printed on the amp that specify the country of origin.
    i bought it anyways since was in working conditions and pretty cheap (i think)...
    Does anyone know if this is an American amp?

thanks in advance

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    Japanese made SVT made by the MTI company. A great and very underrated head that a lot of folks slag just for being made in Japan.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. bostero77

bostero77

Jun 21, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    thanks Jimmy! I had the feeling that this one was a japanese… do you know the average street value of these amps? i want to know if i paid the right money for it

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    Generally $800-1000, though I've seen them go for more or less depending on condition. Not MUCH less, though.

6. bostero77

bostero77

Jun 21, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks for the info Jimmy! i feel better now that i know i paid less than that.

man… I have the svt connected to an aguilar gs210 + gs112 and after playing it for 2 days now and I'm very impressed with the tone and power. I have to say i love it (except the weight…) :bassist:

7. Vintagefiend

Vintagefiend I don't care for 410 cabinets at all.

Aug 6, 2013
    Columbia, MO
    Of course you love it.

It's an Ampeg tube amp - 300w is a whole lot of tone and power to love :)

Congrats on getting a good deal on such a great amp. :bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist: