1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ampeg SVT 80's Japan or USA?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by bostero77, Mar 17, 2014.

1. bostero77

bostero77

Hello fellow bassists,

i just bought an amp at a local moving sale. the seller said is a 80's ampeg made in USA but i coulnd't find a anything printed on the amp that specify the country of origin.
    i bought it anyways since was in working conditions and pretty cheap (i think)...
    Does anyone know if this is an American amp?

thanks in advance

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Japanese made SVT made by the MTI company. A great and very underrated head that a lot of folks slag just for being made in Japan.

3. bostero77

bostero77

thanks Jimmy! I had the feeling that this one was a japanese… do you know the average street value of these amps? i want to know if i paid the right money for it

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Generally $800-1000, though I've seen them go for more or less depending on condition. Not MUCH less, though.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bostero77

bostero77

Thanks for the info Jimmy! i feel better now that i know i paid less than that.

man… I have the svt connected to an aguilar gs210 + gs112 and after playing it for 2 days now and I'm very impressed with the tone and power. I have to say i love it (except the weight…) :bassist:

7. Vintagefiend

Vintagefiend I don't care for 410 cabinets at all.

Of course you love it.

It's an Ampeg tube amp - 300w is a whole lot of tone and power to love :)

Congrats on getting a good deal on such a great amp. :bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist: