1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ampeg Svt-CL cab combo

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by milleritaly, Feb 2, 2014.

1. milleritaly

milleritaly

I am considering different cabs for my Ampeg Svt-CL

I was considering attaching a Orange OBC 410 4X10 cab (8O) with a Mesa Boogie 1x15 traditional Power House (8O).

would this be a good set up? or am I wasting time and money and should invest in one 4O cab? If so any suggestions?

Thanks
  2. Vintagefiend

Vintagefiend I don't care for 410 cabinets at all. Supporting Member

either an 810, a 412, or a 2x15.

Personally, I'd never choose to play through a 410 again, especially with 300w pushing it.
  3. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

The matching cabinets police will be along shortly.
  4. KarateKid25

KarateKid25

I've not tried many cabs with my SVT-CL... I think the second cab I tried with it was a Bergantino NV610. Haven't found the need to look elsewhere since then :)
  5. AgressivePassiv

AgressivePassiv Supporting Member

I had Fliptops build me a sealed 4ohm 410 for my cl. I've pushed if pretty hard for the past year and a half with no problems.

I'd like to try ampeg's new 4ohm 212 though.
  6. Vintagefiend

I just don't like 410s. They don't disperse well, and I'm over 6' tall, so I need something that's either closer to my ears and/or that moves more air than 410s.

and yeah, a 4 ohm 212 would kill; I'm going to build one for my '69 Bassman.
  7. Nephilymbass

Nephilymbass Supporting Member

Attached Files:

8. Vintagefiend