1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ampeg SVT-CL rear cover replacement

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by MP87, Dec 17, 2013.

1. MP87

MP87

I picked up a used USA SVT-CL head, but it was missing the metallic black grill on the back side that protects the tubes and transformers. I measured it and it is 22"x6.5".

Anyone know if you can buy a replacement grill? Or has anyone made one themselves?

Did a search on here and on google but couldn't find anything. Thanks
  2. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast

This isn't a part that is readily available from places that sell Ampeg replacement parts. Why not go to a music store and compare what you need against one on a current SVT-CL. Then contact Loud and see if they will sell you one. Otherwise, people have made their own for original SVT's. There are a couple of threads here discussing it. It can get expensive depending on how it is done.
  3. prd004

prd004

Contact Loud, they will hook you ip
  4. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Canada is a big place. tell us where you are located and we may be able to be of more help. :)
  5. Vintage-Blue

Vintage-Blue Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, Vintage Blue (repro cabinets)
    If you contact Loud, the part number you are looking for is 51-405-01. It still shows in their parts list data so hopefully it is something that they stock.
  6. MP87

MP87

Thanks! I called them yesterday, but had to go back to work while I was on hold.
  7. Warpeg

Warpeg

If it's like mine, it's just a rough-cut section of expanded metal with a slight bent edge at the bottom. If LOUD can't help you, then you may be able to easily make one for only a few bucks at a hardware store (?).
  8. MP87

MP87

It is on its way from Loud, that part number worked. Thanks
  9. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast

A lot easier than making one. Does it come with screws?
  10. MP87

MP87

No screws
  11. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Eh, screws are no biggie.