1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ampeg SVT-HD Club? The #500!!!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by SUNNyday r., Feb 28, 2008.

1. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

Would anyone have any interest in joining? I got mine as I chronicled in my "deal of the century!" thread and thought it would be a nice way to keep track of the HD's since it is a finite amount that were produced. I guess the only requirement is that it is an HD and perhaps a pic of the brass badge and other show off shots. I have club #1 and I believe as in the other clubs I would be president and issue club #'s? Please correct me if I am mistaken. So, my HD is #372 of 500 and a few pics. Let's see how many SVT-HD's are out there in TB land![​IMG][​IMG]
  2. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

Bump. Any skunkworks out there?
  3. christpncher

christpncher

i have #491. in chicago, with two 810E's.
  4. ericmonster_tm

ericmonster_tm

I have number 24. Oklahoma City.

Running it with an Electric Amp Monolith cabinet.
  5. chechunka

chechunka

I think I've tracked down what I believe is an SVT-HD an old SVT Skunk works head. It has the black grill, 4 inputs, and the white horrizontal switches on the top just like the SW heads, however the serial number is HD1010. I've never heard of a serial number like this, and it doesn't have the __ of 500 badge. Any suggestions as to what I'm looking at and what it might be worth?
  6. anderbass

anderbass

It might be an MTI-era SVT. Check and see if the top/front of the side panels are squared off instead of angled like all the other SVT's.

MTI: (the name badge location and saying made in Japan are other clues its an MTI)
    [​IMG]

SVT-HD:
    [​IMG]
  7. chechunka

chechunka

8. Farfetched

Farfetched

Someone should make a SVT-HD registry.
  9. Alex1984

Alex1984

10. RRJackson

RRJackson

Mine doesn't have the badge, either. And mine has an HD serial number. Mine's HD1112. But it says this inside, so I assume it's an SVT-HD.

[​IMG]
  11. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    it's obviously an hd. dave ryan never worked for mti and he was a major part of the skunkworks team at slm.
  12. RRJackson

RRJackson

Just like everyone else at the time, I was psyched that Ampeg was putting out the SVT again and grabbed that one as soon as it showed up in Tampa. I got it from Green Shift music. Had to put it on layaway for a few months, actually. But jumped on it as soon as it came in. BTW, I had no idea it was a limited run. I was a little surprised when I saw photos of other SVT-HDs with the "x of 500" badges on them. Which was today, actually. I read TalkBass from time to time, but haven't been on any bass forums since The Bottom Line listserv went away. I started having this problem with my SVT and came here to do some research.
  13. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    oops! i think i got confused here. i thought rr's was the one they were talking about, not chechunka's. chechunka's does look more like an mti, but considering they got a lot of spare parts when slm bought mti, i suppose it's possible. however, it can easily be settled by looking at the back of it.
  14. RRJackson

RRJackson

Oh, I was talking about mine. I'm sorry. I think I've broken the conversation. :oops:
  15. NJW

NJW

The SVT-HD pic posted by andersbass above is mine :)

I am number 85 of 500, and am based in Dundee, Scotland. There are several hundred unaccounted for, where are they?!
  16. anderbass

anderbass

Ha, small world. I lifted that pic of your amp from gearslutz.com :cool:
  17. NJW

NJW

I knew it was mine by the horrendously filthy carpet behind the amp ;) Don't worry, it's been replaced (the carpet, not the amp :)
  18. Groover

Groover

Is this too late?

Here is my number 123/500 :D

[​IMG]
  19. Tony Gray

Tony Gray

I'm in with #60.
  20. mntl

mntl

I am also in..nr 487, located in germany

[​IMG]