1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ampeg SVT-HD Club? The #500!!!

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by SUNNyday r., Feb 28, 2008.

1. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

Would anyone have any interest in joining? I got mine as I chronicled in my "deal of the century!" thread and thought it would be a nice way to keep track of the HD's since it is a finite amount that were produced. I guess the only requirement is that it is an HD and perhaps a pic of the brass badge and other show off shots. I have club #1 and I believe as in the other clubs I would be president and issue club #'s? Please correct me if I am mistaken. So, my HD is #372 of 500 and a few pics. Let's see how many SVT-HD's are out there in TB land![​IMG][​IMG]

2. SUNNyday r.

SUNNyday r.

Bump. Any skunkworks out there?

3. christpncher

christpncher

i have #491. in chicago, with two 810E's.

4. ericmonster_tm

ericmonster_tm

I have number 24. Oklahoma City.

Running it with an Electric Amp Monolith cabinet.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. chechunka

chechunka Supporting Member

I think I've tracked down what I believe is an SVT-HD an old SVT Skunk works head. It has the black grill, 4 inputs, and the white horrizontal switches on the top just like the SW heads, however the serial number is HD1010. I've never heard of a serial number like this, and it doesn't have the __ of 500 badge. Any suggestions as to what I'm looking at and what it might be worth?

7. anderbass

anderbass

It might be an MTI-era SVT. Check and see if the top/front of the side panels are squared off instead of angled like all the other SVT's.

MTI: (the name badge location and saying made in Japan are other clues its an MTI)
    [​IMG]

SVT-HD:
    [​IMG]

8. chechunka

chechunka Supporting Member

9. Farfetched

Farfetched

Someone should make a SVT-HD registry.

10. Alex1984

Alex1984

11. RRJackson

RRJackson

Disclosures:
    Owner of Fool Audio Research
    Mine doesn't have the badge, either. And mine has an HD serial number. Mine's HD1112. But it says this inside, so I assume it's an SVT-HD.

[​IMG]

12. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    it's obviously an hd. dave ryan never worked for mti and he was a major part of the skunkworks team at slm.

13. RRJackson

RRJackson

Disclosures:
    Just like everyone else at the time, I was psyched that Ampeg was putting out the SVT again and grabbed that one as soon as it showed up in Tampa. I got it from Green Shift music. Had to put it on layaway for a few months, actually. But jumped on it as soon as it came in. BTW, I had no idea it was a limited run. I was a little surprised when I saw photos of other SVT-HDs with the "x of 500" badges on them. Which was today, actually. I read TalkBass from time to time, but haven't been on any bass forums since The Bottom Line listserv went away. I started having this problem with my SVT and came here to do some research.

14. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps
    oops! i think i got confused here. i thought rr's was the one they were talking about, not chechunka's. chechunka's does look more like an mti, but considering they got a lot of spare parts when slm bought mti, i suppose it's possible. however, it can easily be settled by looking at the back of it.

15. RRJackson

RRJackson

Disclosures:
    Oh, I was talking about mine. I'm sorry. I think I've broken the conversation. :oops:

16. NJW

NJW

The SVT-HD pic posted by andersbass above is mine :)

I am number 85 of 500, and am based in Dundee, Scotland. There are several hundred unaccounted for, where are they?!

17. anderbass

anderbass

Ha, small world. I lifted that pic of your amp from gearslutz.com :cool:

18. NJW

NJW

I knew it was mine by the horrendously filthy carpet behind the amp ;) Don't worry, it's been replaced (the carpet, not the amp :)

19. Groover

Groover

Is this too late?

Here is my number 123/500 :D

[​IMG]

20. Tony Gray

Tony Gray

21. mntl

mntl

I am also in..nr 487, located in germany

[​IMG]