Ampeg SVT Pro 4 for $487?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Splintered Skul, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Splintered Skul

Splintered Skul

Media:
    One of my good friends asked me to start a thread for him today, so here it is:
    My friend is currently amp shopping and found an Ampeg SVT Pro 4 in a local pawn shop. The shop is running a %25 off holiday deal and the price of the head With the deal is $487. He basically wants to know if this is a good price, and if it's a good amp. I told him it was a good price as long as it was in good condition, but I cannot say anything for the amp. He had been pretty set/looking for an Ampeg SVT 3 Pro, so could anyone possibly chime in on differences between the two? He would much appreciate your insight. One day I'll convince him of joining us here on TB.. :ninja:

2. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

A 4 pro new is usually over a grand. They sound good for a hybrid amplifier and I know cliff Williams uses one.

3. russpurdy

russpurdy Supporting Member

Most new svt pro 4's I have seen are close to $2000. If it works well and he doesn't mind taking a gamble on a used amp it sounds like a good deal.

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I like both but I'd take the 4 Pro over the 3 Pro.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Splintered Skul

Splintered Skul

Media:
    Like I said, I thought it was a really good deal price-wise. I guess he just wanted confirmation and input. Lots of outputs on the back of that thing too; I'm reading that it gets some ridiculous wattage when it's bridged. 900w at 8ohm?? That's a serious mover haha.