1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Ampeg SVT Pro 4 for $487?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Splintered Skul, Dec 16, 2013.

1. Splintered Skul

Splintered Skul

One of my good friends asked me to start a thread for him today, so here it is:
    My friend is currently amp shopping and found an Ampeg SVT Pro 4 in a local pawn shop. The shop is running a %25 off holiday deal and the price of the head With the deal is $487. He basically wants to know if this is a good price, and if it's a good amp. I told him it was a good price as long as it was in good condition, but I cannot say anything for the amp. He had been pretty set/looking for an Ampeg SVT 3 Pro, so could anyone possibly chime in on differences between the two? He would much appreciate your insight. One day I'll convince him of joining us here on TB.. :ninja:
  2. JellinWellen

JellinWellen

A 4 pro new is usually over a grand. They sound good for a hybrid amplifier and I know cliff Williams uses one.
  3. russpurdy

russpurdy Supporting Member

Most new svt pro 4's I have seen are close to $2000. If it works well and he doesn't mind taking a gamble on a used amp it sounds like a good deal.
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I like both but I'd take the 4 Pro over the 3 Pro.
  5. Splintered Skul

Splintered Skul

Like I said, I thought it was a really good deal price-wise. I guess he just wanted confirmation and input. Lots of outputs on the back of that thing too; I'm reading that it gets some ridiculous wattage when it's bridged. 900w at 8ohm?? That's a serious mover haha.