1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ampeg SVT Pro 7 vs Genz Benz Steamliner 900

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by jwitzend, Dec 29, 2013.

1. jwitzend

jwitzend Supporting Member

I'm really on the fence between these two great sounding amps. Any input to help me make a decision would be greatly appreciated. I mainly play rock, old punk, and some Metal but really love warm tube sound. Just want to make sure I don't get lost in the mix. Thanks...

2. Mastermold

Mastermold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Firemelon
    Warm tube = Ampeg SVT but since that's not on your list I'd go with the Streamliner.

3. william curl

william curl

I went with the pro seven I wanted to try the g b but didn't have one close. I had to send the ampeg back after it died less than 2 wks. got the new one and have really enjoyed it .good luck with whatever you decide.

4. kennyrodg

kennyrodg

I've had both and sold the Genz.
    I think the Streamliner is a a bit more picky when finding a cab that pairs well with it. I especially didn't take to it with the NX2 212T. To me the 7pro seems to be a bit more versatile but the Genz had more b~lls.
    A tough decision.

5. Register to disable this ad