1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ampeg svt stained screen cooling fan

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by grisintenso, Aug 17, 2013.

1. grisintenso

grisintenso

Hi there, I have an Ampeg SVT classic. The sound is sweet and I'm really in love with everything about my gear but the screen is getting stained, I believe because of the cooling fan. Is a circular spot of discoloration. Please, if somebody know how to resolve this before it really gets trough the screen I'll REALLY apreciate it. I don't know if it's because of some wrong setting, I'm just lost.

Thanks

2. kilgoja

kilgoja

it's from the dust in the air going through there. you could probably use a vacuum or brush or a damp cloth to get it off somewhat. i once had a producer when my band was making a cd ask me if that was a speaker. lol

3. Dave W

Dave W Previously bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

It's definitely not because you're doing anything wrong, it's just the way it is. The fan sucks air through the grille which acts like a screen and catches all of the dust in the air.

4. beans-on-toast

beans-on-toast Supporting Member

Try cleaning it with a cloth soaked in mild detergent (couple drops of ivory hand soap or dish detergent), then rinse. Don't stretch out the grille cloth by pushing too hard. It is better if you remove the frame and clean both sides but try this first.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

7. rickdog

rickdog

Yup, vacuum cleaner solved this problem for me. I'd try that before anything damp, water might just make the dust stick more.

8. kilgoja

kilgoja

yeah vacuum with the brush attachment on the end.