Ampeg USA non 70's V4BH Users here?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by sandwich5027, Mar 4, 2014.

1. sandwich5027

sandwich5027 Supporting Member

I just purchased a 2004 V4BH and was wondering about settings on these amps....Is it the ole crank gain and use master for volume, or other way around? Do these have the red Ampeg light when gain it's cranked just right? How about a speakon connector? That would be real nice if it did.....

Any info would be much appreciated!

amp.jpg
  2. sandwich5027

3. dukeisdog

dukeisdog Supporting Member

Nice, I have an 04/05 that's in pretty rough shape but always sounded like an Ampeg should. I usually ran the master up pretty high and used the gain control as my master volume. This allowed me to run the amp like the non gain knob ampegs from back in the day. Mine didn't have a clip LED or a Speakon Connector though I'm sure you could get one made for the amp, how much it would cost would be my next question.

Here's a pic of my V4BH. I don't use it anymore but I have it kicking around anyway, and who doesn't like looking at amps!
    [​IMG]
  4. sandwich5027

Ah very nice! Thx for info....
  5. bhoff5150

bhoff5150 Supporting Member

I have a 1993 v4B. It's in pristine shape. Still use it live and I love the sound. I run my gain at about 11 o'clock and my master volume around 2 o'clock . Eq is pretty flat but I do boost mods slightly and cut bass slightly