1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Ampeg V2 Cab on CL?

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by pocketgroove, Dec 19, 2012.

1. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Hi,

I saw this cab and it caught my eye. I don't own any Ampeg stuff so I don't know that much, but for the price and the fact that it's a 4x12, I'm interested. Anyone know anything about these? Year range, country of origin, quality, reliability? Thanks a ton...it seems like a good deal but I honestly have no idea. FWIW, it would be paired with a Peavey VB-2 head.

2. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

3. coreyfyfe

coreyfyfe Supporting Member

Made in the early to late 70s. Despite what the ad says, it's meant to be a guitar cab, as the V2 head was basically a head version of the VT-40 guitar amp.

4. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Hey thanks! Honestly I'm glad I don't have a reason to spend the money, because I'm supposed to be saving...

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. chillerthanmost

chillerthanmost

Guitar cab, though it can be modified to be a killer bass cab. A few here on TB can testify. Perhaps it's already been modified. I'd ask to send a pic of the inside or speakers.