Ampeg

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by dadday07, Dec 27, 2013.

1. dadday07

dadday07

I'm trying to figure out if Ampeg Portaflex heads are rack mountable and if so how many spaces. Also, does anyone have any advice on the Portaflex series heads? Any and all serious comments welcome.
  2. Vintage-Blue

Vintage-Blue Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, Vintage Blue (repro cabinets)
    I could be wrong but after looking through the manual and also looking at the dimensions I would say that they are not rack mountable.
  3. P Town

P Town Guest

I think you could fabricate an aluminum, or plywood shelf, and mount that in a rack.
  4. Selta

Selta

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: EBMM
    Yeah, best bet would be to buy a 1U shelf and stick them on there. Otherwise, you could fabricate wings to mount them I suppose.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    I like all the PF heads but my favorite is the PF800. Not that I need 800w, but the extra headroom gives it an extra little whomp.
  7. troy mcclure

troy mcclure Supporting Member

Selta, I did that with a similar class d head . Just velcroed (yes I made that up) it on to a rack shelf I had lying around way cheaper than the $60 solution that the manufacturer sells.
  8. P Town

P Town Guest

I tried to envision a set of brackets that I could make to adapt my PF-500 to a rack, and the shelf is way easier. If you are a decent fabricator of metal, you could probably make brackets, but any way I tried to figure it, I would have had to drill holes in the chassis, and that is when I said the shelf is a better way to go.