an eagle with clipped wings

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Sublab, Dec 11, 2013.

1. Sublab

Sublab

نظرة الوداع
  2. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

? Crowds lining up to see Mandela's body?
  3. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story Supporting Member

Apparently translates to "Look Farewell" according to the Googles.
  4. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Look farewell
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Mysterion

Mysterion Supporting Member

7. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

In this context. i see what you mean. Considering this translates to something farewell.
  8. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Supporting Member

I hope he is allright.

Google translation told me something about Nelson Mandela's body.
  9. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick Supporting Member

I don't know him well enough to PM...but if you're reading sublab, check in with your friends here and let us know you are cool.
  10. Immigrant

Immigrant

Sublab, I don't know you, but I'm worried for you.

Don't go anywhere yet. Please.
  11. macaroni tony

macaroni tony

Sublab....your kids need you. They need a strong man, and it's you! You can do it, but please do!
  12. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

TBH, and no offense to you Sublab, but I find ambiguous posts like this irksome.

Is there something the matter? Are you referring to something? We dont know, and here youve left bait for us all to ponder.
    I prefer when someone has something to say that they come out and say it.
  13. SamTheButcher

SamTheButcher Yis, actually.

Matticus, see Mysterions post above.
    The OP's been living through alot of things, which seemed to come to a head just a little while back.

Here:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f34/crisis-situation-need-some-feedback-1004540/

No offense, and not that you could know, but being irked by this thread is nothing compared to what he's been going through, apparently.

Sublab, you got people here who care about you and your kids.
    Let us know whats going on, ok?
  14. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sublab, you're getting us a bit worried dude. :( Can you explain your post?
  15. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

The good news is Sublab logged in 15 minutes ago. Stick around dude, the world is a better place with you still in it.
  16. Sublab

Sublab

it is what it is. House, girlfriend and job are gone. Been living in the car. couldn't land a new job, didn't have the energy and they saw it in my eyes. couldn't land a home for the kids and me so they're staying at their mom's. cut my wrist, no attachment anymore, not even to my kids, just complete emptiness. I stopped cutting, something of a last hope made me ride to the hospital. this is where I am now, intervention centre, last days, will be leaving here soon, tomorrow or monday. I finally had an appointment to see a doctor specialized in TMJ this morning, turns out to be something different than TMJ, seems to be more located at the discs in the neck area. a 2 month wait for a next consult. way too long. Guys here at the hospital suggest me checking into a homeless shelter. I never had a chance of dealing with my burn out in august; my girl left and that made it much worse. Going back to work was an awful idea, but I tried my best. they didn't think I was fast enough in getting back on track and fired me. the house was the only thing left but I couldn't afford it on my own and certainly not without a job and without the state of mind to start a new job. I'm detached from all things, even from myself, even from my kids. 5 months ago I was looking forward to becoming a dad for the third time, we had plans. don't say all isn't lost, those words are empty, just as is any 'step by step' affirmation or motivational 'positive thinking'. I know the drill and tried earnestly to use those walking sticks as a last hope of getting myself to actually feel for what I have left. I just don't feel anymore, I can't explain this lack of will to live mixed with endless physical pain. I've fought battles for years and this is the net result. Tomorrow or monday I'm moving back into my car,
  17. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

Feeling nothing today doesn't mean you will feel nothing tomorrow.

Feeling detatched from your children today, doesn't mean you will never feel for them again.

Your children need a father in their lives, you've fought for years, so don't conceed now.
  18. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

It's really easy for me to say this when I'm not in your same situation.... I know this for sure... but no matter how you feel, no matter how hopeless and full of despair you may feel, you are a dad. And a dad's job is to be there to raise and protect his kids and to lead by example.
    The greatest, most special and most amazing gift you can give to your kids isn't money, it's YOU.
    Please fight this. Get past this, overcome this and BE THERE for your kids. They love you more than you can possibly realize.
  19. Sublab

Sublab

They do. During my burn out and when I started to lose everything and things got worse I held on and took care of them as best I still could. The suffocating circumstances aside, I still provided and played with them, albeit with trembling hands and suicidal thoughts. I saw them last sunday, just a few hours, I pushed myself to stay those hours but afterward I felt instantly suicidal, not wanting to go through another hour of pretending I was still up for the task of taking care of them. Because this is what it is: I pretend to be there and it's asking more energy than I've got right now. Having chronic pain in my head doesn't help.
  20. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

I know, man. It's probably insanely hard to keep fighting... but what I'm trying to say, is that if you feel like you don't have the strength to keep fighting for you, then fight this for THEM. Sooooooo easy for me to say.. I know, I know, but it does not make it any less valid.
    You may not feel the strength to take care of them at the moment, but you can beat this, and when you do, you WILL have the strength.

We're on your side here.
  21. Mysterion

Mysterion Supporting Member

I can't begin to help when your plate is so full; you must be overwhelmed in ways I can't imagine.

But I can tell you I have a great deal of experience with chronic pain. When you're in pain all the time, without relief or remission, nothing works. Your nervous system goes into a permanent state of 'fight or flight,' and your brain is overloaded. Neurotransmitters change, and there is a constant, underlying sense of undefined panic. You lose the emotional resiliency that makes you a functional person, and life becomes bleak and brittle.

If you can--if you can muster the resources--you need support. A diagnosis of your underlying condition may be difficult, but managing the pain, and the depression and anxiety, must be your first goal. Try to find a center that specializes in management of chronic pain, using a multidisciplinary approach.

It is not always an easy road, but there are people who can help you, even though you don't feel like being helped. This is pain speaking. Your body is worn out, and your mind is following its lead. Be kind to yourself and realize that the root of your problems is something beyond your control.