1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

An Idiot Abroad

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by 3234718, Jan 19, 2014.

1. 3234718

3234718 Supporting Member

I've seen them all already but they just put them on netflix so I thought I'd share. You either love Karl Pilkington or hate him. I think he's hilarious.

Basically, Ricky Gervais and Steven Merchent sent Karl all over the world and watch him complain.

He's hardly an idiot though, he just takes things literally and has unique views. It's funny stuff.
  2. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

Ricky G. He may not be the easiest guy to get along with but he is funny.

Did you ever see the original Office?
  3. ZenG

ZenG

I think portraying Karl as an "idiot" in the show is a bit of a stretch.

I certainly don't see him as an idiot.
  4. 3234718

I agree. He's not dumb, he just looks at things differently, and slightly ignorantly. Like about the great pyramids, he thinks they're silly cuz the living room would be huge but the bedrooms are tiny.
  5. Ninjabot

Ninjabot

Karl's new show The Moaning Of Life is just as awesome as An Idiot Abroad. My wife and I laugh our asses off last night watching it.
  6. i_got_a_mohawk

i_got_a_mohawk

It's a great show, I'd also recommend "The Moaning of Life", certainly a contrast to the travelling shows of Michael Palin (which are also definitely worth checking out!).

The original Office was awesome.
  7. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Hit Me With Your Rhythm Stick Supporting Member

I remember when Gervais had nothing more than a two minute slot on 'The 11 O'Clock Show', which also spawned Ali G.

As for Pilkington...yes, he's pretty funny, but I'm not fooled that this show is anything other than scripted. Those 'surprise' mobile phone calls..."what you doing Karl?"...
  8. elgecko

elgecko

I've watched them all too. Was it Mexico that he actually kind of liked? That was surprising.
  9. 3234718

My personal favorite Karl moment:

@ 0:32
  10. elgecko

elgecko

Just programmed the DVR to record Moaning of Life!