1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

An introduction and a thank you

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Spala, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Spala

Spala

Hello everyone. I've been creeping these forums for close to 4 months now leading up to my undertaking of the bass journey again. I've been a percussionist and drummer for most of my life, so all things groove are what interest me; I also believe to improve the synergy with your bassist in any musical style, knowledge of bass is key.

That said, I wanted to thank everyone here that I've read posts from concerning various squier basses. I first was thinking the deluxe active 4, then the vintage mod, and finally found out how incredible the cv jazz is; boy was it spot on. This cv 60s jazz is an incredible instrument, both in looks and sound. I see there is a wealth of knowledge here, and I look forward to participating in discussions here.

I've got myself the Hal Leonard 3 series book/cd and I'm working through them, though a wife and 2 year old keep me busy most of the time lol. Managed to get to where it starts working some more notes on the A string, and I'm enjoying myself (though I wanna get my action lowered so I can use a softer touch with more speed and expression) this far, especially the cd accompaniment (as a performer, I really enjoy the playalong ability).

I'm a music ed major, so I've already got a semester of theory under my belt, and I'll continue to learn theory in my classes. I'm excited for this venture, and I look forward to where it takes me.

Thanks again people of TB.