1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

An original fusion song - Rickenbacker 4003 content

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by audiomitch, Nov 3, 2012.

1. audiomitch

audiomitch

An unfinished song that I'm tinkering with. I actually started it to test out my new Gibson Les Paul Faded, but the bass part kind of took over. BTW, I've owned a lot of Gibby LPs, but this little Faded model is probably the best LP I've owned. Go figure.

Anyhow, I'm still tweaking and working on the arrangement. Obviously needs a better ending, blah, blah, blah.

You have to wait a few seconds for the player to pop up.

A New Fusion

Thanks!
  2. electracoyote

electracoyote

Good job.

But I'm confused about the "Rickenbacker 4003 content" part.
  3. EricssonB

EricssonB

This is hot. To where can I send my money?
  4. audiomitch

audiomitch

The bass is a Rickenbacker 4003. It's one in my avatar. Although I thought it sounded kind of Jazz Bass-ish in this particular setting. Anyhow, it's a bass forum so I didn't think saying "Gibson LP Faded Content" would go over very well. The Ric kind of took over the song anyway.
  5. electracoyote

electracoyote

Thanks for the clarification. I thought you had a Les Paul bass.
  6. StereoPlayer

StereoPlayer

Ya know...that is REALLY nice. It take a great song for me to say that.
    Very NICE,!!:hyper:
  7. audiomitch

audiomitch

Thank you so much! :)

I still need to work on the drum track. There isn't a single drum fill in the whole thing. That will be the next session I work on it ;)
  8. smeet

smeet Supporting Member

Nice! Are you playing with a pick there?
  9. StereoPlayer

StereoPlayer

Drums are nice too. I, personally like sparse drums. Assuming it's a drum loop/machine/thing.
  10. Kevin_BlueBASS

Kevin_BlueBASS

Wow I love this! Do you have any more complete songs? I'd love to download them.
  11. Ric5

Ric5 Supporting Member

I like it!

Keep up the good work!
  12. audiomitch

audiomitch

Yeah. I play with a pick 90% of the time. I played bass for about 10 years before I played guitar and luckily already was used to a pick. Picks on bass are pretty maligned sometimes. I think Entwistle on Live at Leeds was where I just assumed bass was played with a pick. McCartney was (is) a big influence too, along Chris Squire later on.

Thanks!! I've uploaded some things here before. I'll search and link them. I write music for corporate video producers, so some of my stuff is pretty straight forward.
  13. Richland123

Richland123

I like what you have so far. I understand it's a work in progress and want to hear the final product. I know you are going to change the drum part; so, the only thing that I noticed is that the tone on the distorted guitar part sounds a bit harsh against the bass lines (which are very cool) and the clean guitar part.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
  14. Duckwater

Duckwater

15. Stealth

Stealth Supporting Member

Love the sound and the way the Ric fits in. To be honest, it sounds a bit more like Geddy than Squire - are you picking close to the bridge or further north?

Also - do you have more of your tracks online?
  16. audiomitch

audiomitch

Thanks! I LOVE Geddy's playing, he's the reason I bought a Ric back in the '80s. Little did I know he was using a Jazz Bass too by then. I probably steal more from Rush than Chris Squire. Oops, I mean I'm more "inspired by" Geddy. My bad ;)

My picking hand is more or less over the treble pickup.

Here's another tune I posted here a while back. This is the Ric 4003 again.

Blue Bleed