1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

An urgent backup for my VM jazz

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AnirbanBASSroy, Dec 12, 2012.

1. AnirbanBASSroy

AnirbanBASSroy

hey guys.... i am a blues-altrock player. i currently own a squier VM jazz and a nice hartke half stack. it covers all my needs. well recently i had an unfortunate accident and i tore three tendants near my right ribcage. owing to the heavy weight of the VM, carrying it to rehersals shall be a problem. it will still be my gigging bass though.

now i am looking for a cheap lightweight bass guitar that i can carry to rehersals and practice at home with. i recently purchased the HARTKE stack and so my budget is low i.e under 300$. can u guys please help me out? i was looking at the cort action basses. they seem to be light and well made.

help me out beloved bass brothers.

2. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

A used Hofner icon can be found for 300 or less and they weigh next to nothing.

3. AnirbanBASSroy

AnirbanBASSroy

you dont see a lot off hofner dealers in India....well i will still try to look for one. any more suggestions?

4. Red Rover

Red Rover

Danelectro... cheap and light as air.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. AnirbanBASSroy

AnirbanBASSroy

how would you guys rate the low end ibanez GSR s?

7. bound'n'blocked

bound'n'blocked

I had a Cort Action 4 and it was very light and a nice bass. Would make a great back up.

BnB

8. oldcatfish

oldcatfish

Personally, I don't like the neck feel on Ibanez basses...but that's just personal preference. They are pretty well made and have good tone otherwise.

9. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Supporting Member

Acoustics are super light. Good for noodling at home and rehearsal.