Analog Bass Synths...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by DrgMe, Dec 28, 2013.

1. DrgMe

DrgMe

Hey guys, I'm looking for a true bypass, analog synth bass pedal. It has to TRACK PERFECTLY!!! Not lag! Anyone have any advice on such a device or a company they can lead Me to??? Oh!, NO I DONT WANT AN ELECTRO HARMONIX SYNTH! I know that would probably be the first thing someone recommended. 😑 no thanks.

2. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

I think you are going to have to design and build it yourself. Best of luck in your search.

3. rjovin

rjovin

A MICRO (or any other pog) POG TRACKS ALMOST PERFECTLY! don't know of anything else that comes close.

4. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS * Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Please do report back when you find it, a lot of people would like to know. ;)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Phagor

Phagor

No synth pedal I've played tracks perfectly. They all require you to adapt your playing style, and occasionally glitch or wobble.

Lag is usually associated with audio to MIDI conversion. Analog synths don't suffer lag so much as inability to track low notes, or misreading the octave, or wobbling between two pitches.

Why do you want analog? You're limiting your options - there are some good digital synth pedals that might do the trick for you.

And what don't you like about the EHX BMS? That will help us to narrow down alternatives. The discontinued Korg G5 is analog, has presets and more waveshaping options than the EHX, but is a similar vibe.

You might also want to check out the combination of octave, fuzz and envelope filter pedals - often more flexible than a single synth pedal. Check out the Iron Ether Subterranea combined with an envelope filter.

7. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member

8. Jazz Ad

The G5 is a fully digital unit.

9. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

Another option would be the Little Phatty.

It may be just my opinion but nothing sounds like a Moog.

10. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS * Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Yes, I think this is where you need to look if you want perfect tracking and no lag.

Try octave and od/fuzz into an envelope filter, followed by a phaser or chorus.
    Chop it up with a tremolo if you want to go more crazy.

11. Jazz Ad

To go the octave/fuzz/filter route, one might as well buy the Microsynth since it's exactly what it does.

12. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Very tired topic, and plenty of threads to read through if you take the time, but the bottom line is, if you want perfect analog bass synth, buy a synthesizer. If you want to play synth with your bass guitar, there are plenty of options, but none as you requested. Personally, I do both- Markbass Super Synth, and a bevy of keyboard synthesizers.