1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

AnalogMan

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mosfed, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Mosfed

Mosfed The mighty mighty

Hello to all

I was wondering what the basic thinking was re AnalogMan and how well his pedals work for bass.

I am lucky enough to have a few of his (Peppermint Fuzz, mini bicomp and Prince of tone) from my guitar playing days and other than the fuzz, I really haven't tried any with bass.

I was thinking about trying the POT tomorrow in the place of the Peppermint Fuzz/Keeley Fuzz Head.

I am thinking that the mini-bi-comp could make for a killer bass pedal.

2. BFunk

BFunk Gold Supporting Member

I've bought several things from analogman over many years. He, (I think his name is Mike), is an honest and knowledgeable guy. I recommend contacting him with any questions.

3. iggy

iggy

Check out Bongo's review page on Onvilabs about compressors. Good stuff.

4. LSMFT6

LSMFT6

Mike is the man, give him your money.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

Depends on the pedal but I know a bunch of them do work well on bass. There are a few guys that run a KOT, which the POT is basically a simpler version of.

I have a KOT but I've never used it on bass.

7. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Analogman is an excellent brand and Analog Mike is an excellent guy. But you have to take each pedal on its own merits and faults, it would be a huge mistake to say that "in general" they are great on bass or poor on bass. The Bicomp is reviewed on my page; if you buy one, be sure to get the most recent version (made since April of 2013).

8. johnk_10

johnk_10 vintage bass nut Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    John K Custom Basses
    the KOT or POT are actually very good with a bass. I modded my KOT for a little more low end, but it was even nice stock.

9. Mosfed

Mosfed The mighty mighty

I used my Prince of Tone today at a recording session and really liked it. Will need to experiment more.

Next week I'll give the mini-Bicomp on Os mode.