1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

And, this woman has a record deal?

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Richland123, Dec 28, 2012.

1. Richland123

Richland123

And, this woman has a record deal?

2. Kustom_Thunder

Kustom_Thunder Supporting Member

3. hdracer

hdracer Supporting Member

I think a better question would be,

How much does America spend on the public school system?????
  4. Vakmere

Vakmere

The more she talks the worse it gets. Good vid.
  5. tmdazed

tmdazed

holy hell, a broomstick with a blonde wig on is smarter than that one. That girl is one knock to her head from crapping her pants or forgetting how to breathe. Rich, you don't have to be smart to have a record deal , just have a good enough manager and lawyer to lay out terms of the contract in pop up book form
  6. 4dog

4dog

Did someone order a box of rocks?
  7. Richland123

Richland123

She probably signed the contract with finger paints. :rolleyes:
  8. SBsoundguy

SBsoundguy

The southern accent doesn't help either.
  9. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Supporting Member

10. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Not sure they measure your IQ when they sign you to a deal. She is cute and, I think, can sing, so that is all that matters until the sales drop. Then she is out on her can.
  11. Néal Zheimer

Néal Zheimer

WOW, just WOW!

To her, I don't even live in a country... The one I liked most was her face when told Hungary, priceless.
  12. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    There is a big difference between having brains, being book smart and having talent. Some people have brains, some have talent, some have looks and some have a combination of two or three at different levels. She sells records and that's what the label wants. Just because she doesn't know geography doesn't mean she's dumb. She may be very smart about something else.

In June of last year Justin Bieber was on The David Letterman show. Letterman was giving Bieber a hard time about his tattoo resembling the ceiling at the Sistine Chapel. Bieber responded by saying ""I'm not going for the Sixteenth Chapel."

As Burt Reynolds said in Smokey and the Bandit "When you tell somebody something, it depends on what part of the country you're standing in as to just how dumb you are.”

Last time I checked you didn't have to pass an academic test in order to get a record deal.
  13. viper4000

viper4000

I work in the area she is from....she is not the only one afflicted.
  14. dmusic148

dmusic148

Ah, leave her alone. OK, she's dumb. Some folks just are. She can't help it. She seems very sweet. I'd rather date her than some smart, judgmental chick.
  15. viper4000

viper4000

In most cases I would be on this page with you. However, Kelly puts herself in this position by making the rounds on these types of shows that make it a point to embarrass their guests. If she were to merely cut her record and let the sales speak for themselves, then I would agree to let her live in peace without public judgement.

And yes, she can help it. She (or her management) has actively chosen not to.
  16. bassteban

bassteban

In this biz, any publicity is good publicity. Keep giving it to her
  17. dmusic148

dmusic148

18. Grateful

Grateful Supporting Member

I gotta say this: though she comes off as the stereotypical dumb-blonde, she is truly one of the sweetest people you will ever meet. She's more of a down-to-earth simple folk than a raging stupid person.

Considering her up-bringing and childhood circumstances, the fact that she is where she is today and not still on roller skates at the Sonic in Albemarle, NC is amazing. I'd buy all of her records before I'd buy any of the prefabbed garbage that is out there now.

People may call her stupid, but she has made more money that most people will ever see in their lives, and she'll probably do a far better job hanging on to it than most celebs. I'll take that over Geography prowess anyday.

As far as the show, kids is more smarter these days! But it's still painful to watch...
  19. electracoyote

electracoyote

Wait...

Is this thread really operating under the pretext that if you're a musician/singer and signed to entertainment contract, that makes you smart?

What a stretch.
  20. Grateful

Grateful Supporting Member

Just like if you're an actor, your opinion is suddenly supposed to matter!