1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

And When I Die by Blood, Sweat, and Tears

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by SouthpawYeti, Dec 3, 2012.

1. SouthpawYeti

SouthpawYeti

Hello everyone! This is my first post and after scouring the web I cannot find the tabs to this song. Could someone help me out here?
  2. obimark

obimark

BS&T is the most underrated band and bass playing ever!
    This one, Go Down Gambling, Spinning Wheel,
    REALLY great bass playing.
  3. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

I think Bass Player mag had a chart on it.
  4. SouthpawYeti

SouthpawYeti

I can't understand why there wouldn't be any tabs of this online! Like obimark said some of the most underrated bass playing I know of!
  5. Lovely Rital

Lovely Rital

6. guitardefector

guitardefector

Amazing song!

I agree with everyone so far that BS&T is SO underrated. I've been attempting that bass line for about a month now. It's very syncopated. The slow mid part is a I-V-VII-VII-V-I, basically outlining that chord. I'll post it when I figure out the whole thing.
  7. JimK

JimK

8. Biggbass

Biggbass

LOVE BS&T...the first Gen lineup of that band was awesome.
  9. 4StringShooter

4StringShooter

Disclosures:
    GBX Member #1
    What gets me is WHY you'd even WANT to play that song? It'll go over like a lead balloon.
  10. JimK

JimK

I agree, although...the BS&T on the below Live & Improvised album is awesome in its own right. Ron McClure is on bass...
    http://www.amazon.com/Live-Improvis...882100&sr=1-1&keywords=blood sweat tears live

Budget priced version of the above-...at least, I think it is
    http://www.amazon.com/In-Concert-Blood-Sweat-Tears/dp/B006HLBBNG/ref=pd_sim_sbs_m_1

Product Review-
    "Two CD reissue of this 1976 live album. Blood, Sweat & Tears are known as the premier Pop-Jazz horn band of the 1960s and 1970s. Featuring David Clayton-Thomas as their lead singer, BS&T had loads of hit singles and albums in their heyday. This double live release was only released in Japan so many fans may not even know about this album and even fewer ever owned it". Wounded Bird.
  11. JimK

JimK

How about for...fun?
    (Did he mention he wanted to play it on a gig?).
  12. obimark

obimark

I've seen that book, it is OK at best, it only has the "main
    parts with no variations, and if I recall correctly doesn't have the bass parts for the solos, and some sections at all.
  13. RDUB

RDUB Supporting Member

Great band, great bass line. Learned it for a horn band show many years ago. IIRC they gave me a chart, and I got the part by ear from the album. Lots of fun to play...