Android apps for learning songs

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Mike Joy, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Mike Joy

Mike Joy

Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knows of any apps like Jamup, where you can slow down and loop different parts? Also if not, does anyone know of any helpful apps? I need to learn a bunch of stuff, and I need the help.
  2. Spectrum

Spectrum

I have an app called "Ultimate Guitar Tabs" which allows you to search on songs to get tabs, lyrics, and chord charts for most stuff. The lyrics w/chord charts are great for jamming to a song you've never bothered to learn before. It has an auto-scroll feature so you can start the song and not have to keep messing with your phone while playing bass. Stick it on a music stand, start to autoscroll and play.

The tabs that it provides are the usual hodgepodge of internet tab mistakes, but they are sometimes useful.
  3. Mike Joy

Mike Joy

Ill check that out, thanks.
  4. MalcolmAmos

MalcolmAmos Supporting Member

I use Google to find some fake chord. For example; chords, let it rise got this; http://www.e-chords.com/chords/praise-band-/let-it-rise Let it rise has an easy chord progression. This version changes in mid song to the key of A. We just keep going with the starting key. We do ours in E

Then a Google for a video got this.

Put the two together and they make a good practice play-a-long.

The Internet fake chord changes to the key of A we do not do that, use it if you like.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. photogdude

photogdude ustonsucs Supporting Member

amazing slow dower http://www.ronimusic.com I'm not affiliated, i use this on iOS. its great for learning songs, change tempo, save loops, change pitch, all the bells and whistles