Angry Customer

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by sneha1965, Jul 4, 2013.

1. sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    This was too good not to share. Enjoy!

2. Ziltoid

Apr 10, 2009
    They should send him a string-lowerer.
  3. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow Never Forget. Banned

Dec 23, 2010
    Horten, Norway
    Nah, I've heard the quality of Washburn's string-lowerers has gone down after they moved production to Guam.

He'd be better of sending the bridge to Lockheed-Martin to have the saddles machined, much better value for money imo.
  4. hover

Oct 4, 2008
    You're not big on punctuation, are ya Sneha? ;)
  5. Sponsored by:

6. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    I think it was intended to infer that it was in fact you that wrote the above letter, and didn't include a single full stop.

Anyway, very funny, but surely bogus?

Edit: dammit, where did sneha's post go? :)
  7. sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    This was posted on FB so I'm not sure to it's authenticity. I think I get the joke now hover. :D
  8. sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    I'm a ninja on the keyboard. :ninja:
  9. hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Yes. But to be fair, Sneha commas like a champ!
  10. sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    You spelled Chump wrong. ;)
  11. This is one of the reasons I love TB. :)
  12. hover

Oct 4, 2008
    Funny, I was going for "chimp"...oopsie! :p

;) #funwithvowels
  13. Angry Customer: sweet band name
  14. Hobobob

Hobobob Don't feed the troll, folks. Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2011
    Camarillo, CA
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually serious. I teach kids who think like this. Naturally when I try to correct them, they blow me off and then get mommy to buy them a more expensive instrument. Then they wonder why they can't play like Geddy Lee on their Fender Custom Shop Jazz...
  15. Batmensch

Batmensch Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2010
    Chester, Pa.,USA
    It could be either. Could be a spoof of someone who thinks like that, or it actually be someone who thinks like that! I wouldn't be surprised either way.
  16. sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    Your comment is actually the direction I was hoping this thread would take. Regardless if this letter is real or not, it's a bit disturbing the line of thinking displayed, and I am personally seeing it more and more.
  17. SoVeryTired

SoVeryTired Endorsing nothing, recommending much

Jul 2, 2011
    Milton Keynes, UK
    How many times on TB do we see a bass being bashed because the action is too high? Similar sort of thing.
  18. hover

Oct 4, 2008
    I think the bigger underlying problem is a LOT of people out there are
    c)have no self control coupled with an inability to any commitment to learn anything about's either 100 perfect, or a litigious offense.
    d)REALLY effing stupid.
    e) all of the above
  19. sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    The bottom line for me is this letter expresses a lack of accountability which I'll assert is becoming more prevalent among both youngsters and adults. My hunch is this letter is a joke and is a riff on the attitude of some individuals today who do not know what hard work is and have a sense of entitlement.
  20. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    The letter felt like a joke, but I would not be surprised at all if it ended up being real. Maybe it's *this* generation, maybe it's not. I could see myself or one of my buddies sending a letter like that when we were in our early to mid teen years.

21. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US