Animal abuse

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Metalbasspro, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Metalbasspro

Metalbasspro

Seems to be in the news every week just like teacher and student sex scandals.

I shutter to think about the Animals abuse and murder that goes on we never hear about or that is never discovered.

By Allison Geller, Tue, March 04, 2014
    Two Oklahoma teenagers were booked for a horrifying crime: throwing a dog off a bridge.

A video of the act of cruelty made the rounds on social media, leading police to the two Choctaw County teens who filmed and committed the abuse.

According to Choctaw County Sheriff Terry Park, a 16-year-old was arrested on animal cruelty charges Friday for shooting the video. The other teen, who actually threw the two-year-old dog off the bridge, turned himself in and was brought into custody before being released back to his parents. While he was 17 at the time, he has since turned 18 and could be prosecuted as an adult.

The teenagers are expected to face felony animal abuse charges.

"I was shocked and disgusted, and very angry," said local resident Apryl Mock. "I just couldn't believe that it had happened."

A teen speaking anonymously to the news source KFOR said he knows one of the teens involved and that this teen pitched the dog because “it wouldn’t catch hogs, so it was useless.”

But this story has a happy ending. The dog, whom the vets named “Miracle,” will survive.

"She was very sore from being thrown, a big laceration on the right side of her chest. Her front left leg is non-weight-bearing, [of] which we took x-rays and radiographs this morning, and it's a dislocated wrist,” said Dr. Dana Harvey.

The dog had lain injured all night in the creek bed until, by a stroke of luck, someone found her the next morning and brought her to the animal hospital.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYisYiXorok
  2. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

There is no difference between cruelty against humans or animals.

People whom commit cruelty against animals can commit cruelty against humans. They have no respect for the victim's right to live, let that be a dog or a woman.

They should be locked up and given a treatment if possible. People like that are literally sick, it is a danger to have them in society.

I wouldn't want a cat stabber close to my children, would you?:eyebrow:
  3. VeganThump

VeganThump

Ok now listen, I'm not trying to start any trouble or get all preachy here but, are you guys vegetarian of vegan?
  4. hrodbert696

hrodbert696 Supporting Member

I would agree with this. I think the tendency to talk in terms of "animal rights" is off the mark, because "rights" are a legal concept from civil society and animals don't form legal systems. The actual issue is not the "rights" of the animal but the character of the perpetrator. If a person cultivates a sadistic character with this kind of behavior and society tolerates it, that's a real danger.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

I used to be, not any more. I know where this is going and I admit I am a hypocrate on some levels. I couldn't figure this stuff out since my childhood. I went vegan twice in my life and had to give up due to health issues.

I think this thread's main focus is on events like the OP's link though.
  7. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow Never Forget. Gold Supporting Member

Yeah, because throwing a dog of a bridge and leaving it to die is the same thing as having steak for dinner... :rolleyes:
  8. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

He was referring to animals that suffer their entire life only to end up in our stomach.

Dog falls once, others suffer their entire life, some having a very short life.

But, let's not turn this into a vegan / non-vegan bash thread. What's next, picks or fingers and what bass is better for metal? :D
  9. 96tbird

96tbird This Indian movie is really boring man. Supporting Member

Sociopaths are everywhere. Stupid sociopaths that film themselves are better. Three cheers for idiots that think its a good idea that they have their phone in hand while they commit crimes.

As for the veggie bit, dogs are nice loyal friends that really dig being around people, hanging out, acting silly, chasing insects to make humans laugh, and curl up to is at the end of a perfect day, etc, etc., etc. Beef is yummy.
  10. DwaynieAD

DwaynieAD

this thread didnt even start on the rails
  11. Bingo

Bingo Banned

Killing an animal for food and killing/hurting one for laughs are two completely different things. Only one is a sign of a very sick individual.

Anyone else see the irony in the fact that the animal was hurt because it wouldn't hurt another animal ("catch hogs")? Strange.

Those boys need both treatment and punishment. And I can say that while eating steak and eggs with no internal conflict whatsoever.
  12. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

You know what, it whould be so that whatever you did, should be done to you.

You raped? You get raped.
    You killed? You get killed.
    You threw a dog off a bridge? You get to be thrown off a bridge.

You get the idea. I'm sure world would be a better place, but it's impossible.
  13. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

It's a cultural thing.

Some pet dogs, some eat them.

Some laugh at chimps in the zoo, some open up their brains and eat them while they're still alive.

Some eat cows, they're holy to some.

Some are afraid of giant spiders, some put them on a stick and fry them etc. etc.
  14. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Go and hug the turd, if it makes you feel better. Anyone who does something like this needs a lesson about how to treat other creatures. A good, hard lesson.
  15. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

You are probably right, but neither is letting them walk free or putting them behind bars and feed them with our share.

Oh, there's also this:

[​IMG]

:D
  16. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

I'm sure we can come up with rape and beating machines that'd do that for us in a few days.:smug:

All I was saying was, if we took serious counter measures, there would be less and less violations.

A few weeks ago a sick son of a ***** recorded himself stabbing a cat. It took the cat 10 minutes to die with its insides out. Literally, its insides were out of its body. That is a living creature with a central nervous system that can feel pain. Imagine you have your intestines on your feet and trying to die. Just because it was a cat doesn't make it any less of a crime.

He was sentenced to a few bucks. I, for one, would love to be neighbours with him, but for very different reasons.:mad:
  17. spade2you

spade2you

A ghetto thug kicked a dog out a tall building. It survived for about 10-20 minutes. He got a small fine and no jail time. His response was "it's just a dog."
  18. slobake

slobake Supporting Member

I think there is something for us all here. Yes, I eat some meat but I do my best to get it from small local sources that say they treat their animals humanely. We could get into a long discussion about what humane is and kill fish as they get stuck in the turbines that generate electricity to power my laptop. Okay maybe that specific thing doesn't apply to us all but it illustrates my point. The way we live can be very destructive. It is up to each of us to pay attention and minimize that destruction.
    Then there is pets. I still feel bad about the way I used to treat my dog. Some nights I would leave him locked in the back yard until 2:30 a.m. while I was out drinking. He hated that. I also had a cockatiel that required a lot of attention. He was part of the family. How many people get birds like that and just leave them locked in small cages?
    We can shake our heads and be disgusted at what this boy did but it is also good to take a look at ourselves.
    No pets? Me neither. Vegetarian? That's awesome. But we all still have an impact on our environment.
    What about cruelty to humans? We are part of this enviroment too. Okay I think I will give someone else the pulpit now. :bag::p
  19. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

OK, so what should be done with a-holes like that, or anyone who commits incredibly heinous acts? Justify letting them live on our dime, if you can. Mercy has no meaning to them, so they should be treated with mercy? To what end?

The guys on a local radio station were talking about someone who had molested a bunch of children and at one point, they mentioned that maybe these DBs could be put on a deserted island and left, to fend for themselves.
  20. 1958Bassman

1958Bassman

Treating an animal decently is open to interpretation and some think it's OK to beat a dog because they don't believe it's smart enough to care. Wasting an animal of any kind is one of the worst things I can think of. Not because of any religious belief, but because it's often due to some stupid thinking. I know someone who hunts in various locations around the World and we got into it when he showed photos of the animals he killed in New Zealand. He said they cut the antlers off and left the animals. OK, the carcass may have been food for other wild animals, but this was so he could hang the "prize" on his wall? Really? I don't hunt, but I would if I needed to and only then, it would be for food and the hide (or other material), to be tanned and used by someone, even if it wasn't me who used it. I just think people waste far too much, of everything. Neglecting animals because the person can't afford to care for them is just ignorant. There's ALWAYS someone who can care for the animals.
  21. superfunk47

superfunk47

This is basically my lot in life. (My dream job, actually.) :p