Annual Christmas Concert on the Stairs

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mellowinman, Dec 21, 2013.

1. mellowinman

mellowinman Guaranteed to break the Ice at Naughty Parties Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Every year, I do one or two Christmas songs in the South East stairwell at my corporate job. We routinely violate every fire code, as people sit on the stairs to listen. I choose the stairwell because of the acoustics. Most places within the building have those horrible, sound-sucking acoustic ceilings and carpet.

For quite a few years, I always sang, "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas." Last year, I switched it up, and did a little Bing, and a little Elvis. This year, I went a little more serious.

Concert on the Stairs 2013

I really didn't nail it, but I'm mostly a folksinger/rock singer anyway, so you get what you get. I won't be appearing on "The Voice" any time soon. Anyway, it's not about me, it's about the song.

Concert on the Stairs 2012

2012 had to have some editing, as the laughter drowned out the singing in parts. I guess no one filmed 2011, but it was the same song as 2010, 2009, 2008...

Concert on the Stairs 2010

Anyway, Merry Christmas!

2. Gazman

Gazman

That was really, very good. The stairwell echo doesn't help much, but you've got a great natural voice.

Happy Christmas to you and your family. I'm sure Santa will be generous this year.

3. mellowinman

Media:
    Albums:
    Thanks!

Santa doesn't need to bring me anything.

I have all I need. :)

4. mellowinman

Media:
    Albums:
  5. Register to disable this ad