1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

another help me with my effects chain

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by nubs, Jan 8, 2013.

1. nubs

nubs Supporting Member

this just aint my ball of wax. i wanna hook up my effects can someone put in order. morley dual bass wah, radial tone bone, tech 21 bass driver, boss CU2 tuner, fatman, and sparkle drive...... thanks

oh and i am using the radial to control two basses.
  2. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

Tone bone is doing A/B?

I dont know what some of those pedals are but assuming they are all distortion type you can't go wrong with tuner - wah - the rest. I guess the tonebone into tuner will be ok if the tone bone isn't messing with the tone.
  3. nubs

nubs Supporting Member

really guys i can surely use a little more guidance than this, please help thanks in advance.
  4. Crater

Crater

There's not really a "correct" order for effects, in fact most of the time it's not critical unless you're running two or more effects at once.

If you're using the tonebone as your A/B switcher then obviously it has to go first. Most people put their tuner first in their effects chain, so that would go after your A/B box. If you're using the bass driver as a DI to a PA or recording console then it should be last in your chain.

Wah pedals and distortions definetely interact with each other - having a wah before a distortion will sound different than having it after the distortion, neither is "right" it's just personal preference, I personally like the wah after distortion, but just experiment yourself and see what you like.
  5. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

If it were me, I'd go Tone Bone (I assume it's the Bass Bone) first, to let you select between it's inputs for your 2 basses.

Tuner goes connects to the Tone Bone's tuner output to keep it out of the signal path - easy!

Then I would stick the rest of the pedals in the Tone Bone's effect loop in this order.
    Wah -> fatman (filters generally go first) -> sparkle drive (drives generally go after filters) -> bass driver (it's an amp sim so goes last, but will also react nicely from the sparkle drive).

Then main output of the Tone Bone into your amp. You can also DI direct from the Tone Bone to the mixing desk and have a consistent tone no matter what. Putting the effects in the Tone Bone loops also means you can bypass the whole lot with a push of the boost button, if it's set to loop mode, sending a clean signal to your amp and DI.

I hope this helps. If not, then one would have to question why you bought all this gear! ;)