1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Another identify the string thread

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by mindgrinder, Feb 12, 2013.

1. mindgrinder

mindgrinder

These strings were on a five string I purchased used. I removed them and put flats on that bass. I installed the BEAD strings tuned DGCF on an Ibanez SRX 500 and like the sound, which is rare for me when it comes to rounds. just wondering if anybody had any idea of who may have made these strings.
    They have very light (almost silvery) blue silk with copperish colored brown stripes. The B has no silk on the tuner end but matching silk on the ball end.
    Thanks

[​IMG]

2. GK Growl

GK Growl

Those look like Dean Markley Blue Steel with some brownish discoloration on the silks! Are the ball ends black? If so, they are most likely Blue Steel.

3. mindgrinder

mindgrinder

The ball ends are gold on these.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Ya, not stripes but discoloration. Well whatever they are, they're certainly pretty old ;)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. FourBanger

FourBanger

Looks awfully regular to be discoloration. I say stripes.

7. Srirachaglo

Srirachaglo Gold Supporting Member

+1

8. Lowactnsatsfctn

Lowactnsatsfctn

Dean Markely Blue steels don't have silk at the ball ends and the silk is almost white with the slightest hint of grey IMG-20130218-00407.jpg
    The blue steels B string has silk at the tuner end also.

The silks on those look slightly darker, like the color of GHS super steels, But I think they have silver ball ends.