SOLD Another one bites the dust... breathtaking Carvin SB5001 for sale...

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TimBosby, Mar 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Another divorce casualty. I'm basically getting rid of everything that I never use. I'm not really a fretless player (which is why my fretless is also for sale) or a 5-string player, so both must go. I'm going to lose my shirt on these basses, but so it goes. When you need money, you need money... and anything is better than nothing.

Of all the 5-strings I've ever played, this is at least the second best, if not the best (neck and neck with the Sage 5-string I owned a while back.) But don't take my word for it... let Ed Friedland convince you.

This sweet baby has only left my house once, maybe twice... for rehearsal only. Never gigged. Sounds incredible. Single coil J pickups but surprisingly quiet when soloed. Vol/Vol/tone/treb-bass stack. It has a pull pot to put it in passive mode, and the tone knob works in either active or passive. I ordered it with a tort guard, but then replaced it with a black guard because I thought it looked better. The tort guard I sold to a friend. Comes with original G&G case, Dunlop straplocks installed on the bass and strap included. Pictures are below, and at the very bottom of the thread is an attached PDF file of all the specs and what they cost. I paid extra for highly figured birdseye maple. The tung oil neck feels ultra-smooth. This is a butt-kicking 5-string in practically mint condition. I paid $1673.00 for it. Save over 30% and get it for $1150 shipped or best offer. Lower 48 only - I'm not going to risk taking this one apart for international shipping. Will consider Alaska, Hawaii, or Canada, if you pay actual shipping. NO TRADES...sorry!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. campbems

campbems Supporting Member

This seems to always happen to me. Would have bought instantly a couple month ago. Bump for awesome bass.

3. plong123

plong123 All Your Bass Are Belong To Us Supporting Member

Beautiful antique brown finish. Good luck bump!

4. CfoScoop

CfoScoop Supporting Member

It's beautiful. I wish I had the money. Free bump instead.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BigRedBassPlayer

BigRedBassPlayer Gold Supporting Member

No Tim!!!!! This is the one of yours I fell in love with. Give me this one and sell mine. Haha. If I could pull that off, I would.

7. krovx

krovx Supporting Member

Dang...I would sell off the stable for that. That is a perfect 5001. Everything I would want and then some. Any non bass trade stuff you looking for? I know it is a wild shot and I imagine cash is king for you.

8. TimBosby

Hah... I wish. My house sold in record time (like under 30 hours) but we're still taking a small loss...maybe about $4k split between me and the ex. So I have to come up with a couple thousand before the end of April. Unfortunately the bank only takes cash, not basses or anything else... :meh:

9. TimBosby

And sold... the best kind of sale... local, and to a friend.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.