Another ridiculous Ebay listing

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ejmy, Mar 25, 2014.

1. ejmy

ejmy

2. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
    Comes with picks made for bass strings. Cool. I need to get me some of those.

3. tbear1776

tbear1776

"Dexterity: Left-Handed, Right-Handed " Does this mean the knobs are movable for right or left handed players? Great invention!

4. ejmy

ejmy

Pretty obvious the seller has no idea what he's talking about. Used the specs for an American Jazz probably because he only looked at the picture from Fender. As a favor I sent him a message suggesting he should correct the listing to avoid eventual problems with an upset buyer. Will see what he replies.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. LightGroove

LightGroove

Not sure whats ridiculous about it?

7. ejmy

ejmy

You don't see anything ridiculous about the listing? Yikes

$100 for an American Fender Jazz, right and left handed, including picks made for bass strings.

8. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Wellll.... I think you're being a bit rough here. The seller states in the title that it's a Squier, so there really is no doubt about what he's selling. And $100 for a Squier is a totally reasonable price. When he says "picks for bass strings" he likely means heavy duty picks. Like these, which are listed as "bass picks".

The guy's selling an unplayed Squier Jazz for a hundred bucks. What's the fuss?? The description here is of no consequence. Frankly, I don't know why you'd read the description that closely. It's clear to anyone who knows guitars that the seller is just cutting and pasting data from something like the Musician's Friend website.

9. WoodyG3

WoodyG3 Supporting Member

He used an automatic ebay item description for the American Fender rather than the Squier. He should correct the listing, but meanwhile the listing price is fine for the item he's really selling. Not a huge deal and obviously a mistake by someone unfaniliar with basses and Fender. No worse than many errant listings out there, IMO.

10. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    I don't get upset with ads like these. Obviously, the seller has no clue, but I don't think he's trying to rip anyone off... intentionally. I see ignorance, not malice.

Actually, I'm GLAD these type of ads are still on the 'Bay... low-information sellers are EXACTLY where the bargains are still to be found!

11. TheBluePhoenix

TheBluePhoenix

While the seller has a 100% positive rating, none of it is from selling. I would not buy from anyone on eBay with no selling history.

12. ejmy

ejmy

Absolutly my thoughts, the listing needs to be edited because the seller is setting himself up for problems. That's why I brought this to his attention. And i'm not so shure every Ebay lurker can assume it's a mistake and he will recieve a low end Squier. If the seller dosen't know the difference, many others don't also.

13. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

i admit i do get nervous about buying when is see a listing with obvious errors or one that looks like it was posted by an idiotic (or perhaps time-compromised) person.

14. kzr750r1

kzr750r1 Supporting Member

But sometimes you take that gamble and with and sometimes you loose... I take it the seller has no clue.

15. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

You gotta start somewhere. Buyer, seller, no ebayer wants negative feedback. Especially not over a $100 item. Just send the seller specific packing instructions and don't sweat it. It's a hundred dollar Chinese guitar.

16. darrenmt

darrenmt

The seller is probably not a bass player or even a musician. He/she probably even thinks u need a pick to play.

Can't fault a person too much due to lack of knowledge when it's a low dollar item. We can plainly see the key points to the ad. "Squire" and "$100". Pretty sure no one is expecting an Am Fender and doing so would be extremely optimistic.

17. ejmy

ejmy

Can't fault a person too much due to lack of knowledge

Well if he had to read the headstock to know the maker, he most certanly saw Made in China, no ??

BTW we're just talking here.......for conversation.

18. awilkie84

awilkie84

Squier by Fender AMERICAN bass. He then goes on to list the Specs of the American Standard bass.

The reviews are all fake, too. The only place Squier is mentioned is in the title. The specs are all wrong, the picture's not of the actual instrument either.

19. ejmy

ejmy

Yet many seem to think there's nothing wrong with the listing, and everybody will figure out it's a Chinese Squier.

20. darrenmt

darrenmt

Lol i have dealt with many ppl on local classifieds selling basses not knowing head or tail about them.

They probably know of Fender, an American icon and all, and disregarded the country of manufacture thinking it's all the same thing.

21. smcd

smcd Supporting Member

Oh please.... you have to dig deep into all the sales blather to find the words "American Standard". And if you're doing that, you know enough to understand it's a mistake. What counts is what's in the auction title - Squier. That and the $100 price tag says it all.