Another Strange Craigslist Ad

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Kmonk, Feb 27, 2014.

1. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender, Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I stumbled upon these two Craigslist Ads. Apparently, this guy can't decide who he is or what kind of experience he has.

Here is the first:

"My name is Nick Rice, and I am a professional bass player available for gigs and also lessons. I have been playing for about 12 years and been at it professionally 7 of those years. I am mostly a jazz player and have a good knowledge of standard tunes. My degree is in music performance on guitar. I have played about one hundred gigs in which music is not allowed. I am a good reader and pride myself on being an easy going musician. I am open for gigs any day/night of the week, and have Reliable transportation. If your in need of a bassist for your gig, or have an interest in learning new material and would like lessons, please send me an e-mail and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank you!"

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/muc/4347899516.html

The next one was posted immediately after the first:

"My name is Daniel Fowler, and I am a professional bass player available for sub-gigs and also lessons. I have been playing for about 15 years and been at it professionally for 7 of those years. I have grown playing styles from funk and soul, to rock and blues as well as jazz and reggae. I am mostly self taught in music theory, and have learned a large majority of music through ear training which has given me the ability to learn new material very quickly. I have had the great opportunity to play on many great Boston stages, and believe myself to be very professional when it comes to my music career. I am open for sub-gigs any day/night of the week, and have wheels to travel. If your in need of a bassist for your gig, or have an interest in learning new material and would like lessons, please send me an e-mail, or call and leave a message on my voice mail and I will get back to you as soon as I can. Thank you!"

http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/muc/4347616974.html

2. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

Looks fine to me, I just think he double posted. Both says he has been playing for 15yrs and gigging for 7. Also both state the same name and all other details, unless I am missing something!

3. Milk

Milk

Multiple personality disorder. Im trying to see how this could be in any way a scam but come up with nothing. Still, it is kinda suspicious. It could also be that someone just decided to basically copy someone else's ad cause they didn't know how to formulate their ad...

4. Milk

Milk

Nick Rice

Daniel Fowler.

doesn't sound the same to me.

One 12, one 15 years.

You must suck at spot the differences games.;)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Strat Hater

Strat Hater

OP! Did you edit your post?

I could have sworn that I saw Daniel Fowler and 15 years in both ads. If not then I apologize to the OP.

BTW I am only average at spot the difference games at best. If I had to play one for my dinner, I would have found the Strat Hater special diet :D

EDIT:
    AHH!! I see that Kmonk edited the ad at 6:03 this afternoon. Must have fixed what I had seen with the two identical ads. Pls Kmonk let me know that is what you did so I don't go crazier than I already am!

7. vishuddha

vishuddha 100% Mediocre Supporting Member

Looks to me like two pro bass playing buds helped each other write CList ads. Or a mental problem. It's a toss-up.

8. Rob22315

Rob22315

I think the second guy copied the ad of the first guy and didn't get all the changes made.

This seems to be a common practice on sites where things get sold - copy the description and photos from someone else selling the same thing.

That said, it could easily be the same guy trying to appeal to audiences of two different genres so he can get some gigs.