1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Another wiring+shielding question

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by miholc, Jan 18, 2013.

1. miholc

miholc

I've just shielded both cavities (copper foil) and bottom of a pickguard (2 'cages' connected together). Do I need to solder a wire connecting shield and pot/jack (ground)?

Or is this unnecessary since output jack's in touch with copper foil under the PG? Is this grounded already, right? Also, where do I solder groundwire coming from the bridge? To back of the pot or to a jack's ground :confused: I'm doing this on my P btw...

Please excuse my ignorance but I'm complete noob about electronics,...
  2. llldino

llldino

The copper shielding needs to be grounded. Not sure if contact with the jack would do it, why not just run a wire from the shield to the ground. It doesn't matter weather its onto a back of a pot or to the jack, as long as it goes to ground.
  3. joelb79

joelb79

Big shout out to Davey for this video I watched last night. He answers the OP's question in it.