1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Any Bartolini TCT experts/users in the house?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by rojo412, Apr 30, 2012.

1. rojo412

rojo412 MARK IT ZERO! Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Proprietor, ACF Custom
    So I just got this preamp... BRAND NEW! But old.
    The instructions included seem kind of vague.
    The online instructions don't seem to match up with some things.

[​IMG]

Included:
    (2) 500k audio pots (center detent), a B50K pot (center detent), a pan pot, a 25k pot, a TCT unit, a box with green wires, a 30k micro pot, 2 cards with resistors and caps taped on.

So basically, I'd like to know...

What's the box with the green wires used for?
    Why does the one pot (B50k) have resistors attached?

[​IMG]

From what I can gather, I believe that the resistor'd pot was supposed to be a B25k, but they ran out, so this got replaced.
    I also guess that the A25k pot is the volume, after the pre section and before the jack.

So another question is, if I wanted to run a passive tone control, can I do it? I have a stacked 25k audio pot, so I thought it may be able to be run post-preamp (oxymoron?), but wasn't sure.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

2. shrigg

shrigg Supporting Member

bumping to see if anyone has any info on these....

3. evilgus

evilgus Supporting Member

I know this is an old thread, so just some more info, for reference. :)

The smaller module is the mid-frequency module and determines the frequency of the mid-boost/cut. There's 4 or maybe 5 different ones available, with different colour wires. I've got an MCT-250 (brown/purple), MCT-375 (brown/black) and MCT-500 (brown/grey), but you can also get an MCT3MC that can be wired up to a switch, providing 250, 500 or 750 Hz.

The 50K pot for the mid-module usually has two resistors wired to it, 27K and 47K. In the instructions, this is referred to as CD50KM. The pots for bass and treble are usually 500K, blend is 250K and volume, 250K.

Cheers,

EG