any completely custom luthiers out there?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by neptoon, Jan 3, 2013.

1. neptoon

neptoon

i know of lootnick...anyone else out there into building complete customs from the body shape up?

2. Beauchene Implements

Beauchene Implements

No shortage of people doing fully original customs here. They are more the rule, than the exception. Check the sticky. Or any build thread on this page.

3. Musiclogic

Musiclogic

Disclosures:
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    A lot of us out here do not build the F type clones and do everything from milling our own wood, making our necks and bodies, our own design body styles and headstocks, etc. There is no shortage here or most any website dealing with instruments.

4. slappa_dat_bass

slappa_dat_bass

Most of the one-offs on here are pure custom. Check out lbridenstine's builds. They are some good lookin custom axes.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. neptoon

neptoon

i have been looking on and off for years, especially here in this forum looking for someone that i think would be true to what i have been looking for...greg curbow and i came up with something several years ago and was about to start up, and tragedy struck, unfortunately, and i was never picked it back up...one of the final designs that greg had was one that he had emailed me about and was all drawn up and left in his shop...doug somervell and his son found a diagram and actually built it, which i thought was pretty cool...i inquired about it once or twice and was a little put off at the response, but it was no big deal...i have still been looking around and thought i would ask around here...

7. ivlucas

ivlucas Supporting Member

8. neptoon

neptoon