1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Any drum machine with looper combos?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tristan, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Tristan

Tristan

Hey all,

Is there any good combo solution of drum machine with looper?

I have a first gen Digitech Jamman and while it has some basic metronome-ish rhythms and I can put a .wav of a drum beat on it, it is otherwise pretty limited.

I've been out of the "loop" (har har) for a while and was wondering if there was anything better. Is the Zoom B3 any good for drum machine and looping?

Thanks
    Tristan

2. Swift713

Swift713

I have a hard time using the looper and drum machine at the same time on the B3. Somehow I can't often hit the switch at the right moment to get the drum pattern and the loop to repeat where I want. It keeps running one beat longer than I want. Also, the drum patterns are a bit limited, more so than the B2, and there's nothing in 7/8.

3. ryansalmond

ryansalmond

The Boomerang III can sync to a midi clock. I just need to get a midi adapter for my ipad (drum machine)!

4. NYCbassist

NYCbassist Supporting Member

I'm having this same problem while recording bass tracks & Drum loops. There's got to be a trick to "Syncing" up to the Rhythm. I noticed it works better with the Drum track that have a longer pre-count.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Downunderwonder

Downunderwonder

There's a brigade of us on valium waiting for the Beat Buddy, soon to be distributed. Check the "World's first drum machine in a pedal" thread. It doesn't make you a cup of tea but.

/thread? ;)

7. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right? Supporting Member

This. I think a Beat Buddy and some sort of looper that does MIDI syncing would be the ticket. That's what I'm going to try; I recently got a Pigtronix Infinity Looper as I await my Beat Buddy. The Boomerang III, as mentioned above, would be another option. There may be others that I'm not aware of. The biggest limitation, I think, is that according to the Pigtronix manual, it assumes a 4/4 beat from the MIDI clock. I wonder if this is something they could update in the firmware.